The simFlight Network Forums

IYP & PM Systems help

Hi Pete

I write to see if you can help with this problem as Robert Cezar cannot! I also believe IYP uses FSUIPC to work as does Project Magenta and therefore hope you may be able to help.

I have a cockpit (of sorts) and use the full PM B738 suite. I have V4.8 FSUIPC registered and use Wide FS registered too. IYP is the cockpit version as confirmed by Robert and the plane HAS been selected from the drop down list under the 'External Cockpit' tab.

My problem is the voice commands in IYP are controlling the plane NOT PM Systems and therefore PM Systems overrides and negates the commands IYP is sending.

I hope this makes sense and that you may be able to help

Thank you

Andrew

My problem is the voice commands in IYP are controlling the plane NOT PM Systems and therefore PM Systems overrides and negates the commands IYP is sending.

What sort of voice commands? I've never used IYP to fly the 'plane, only Project Magenta. IYP will set the MCP values for you. I'm not sure how pmSystems comes into it. What voice commands are you using for that? I fly 737NG and of course the overhead, which is pmSystems' province, is all toggle switches, not buttons, so cannot be remote-controlled.

I use IYP primarily to provide spoken checklists, and voice contact to Radar Contact. I do occasionally use it to set things like the transponder code, radio frequencies, and MCP / QNH settings when things get too busy for one pilot. Also I use it to get and speak the weather. But never anything which involves actual toggle switches because they'd get out of sync with the sim.

Regards

Pete

What sort of voice commands? I've never used IYP to fly the 'plane, only Project Magenta. IYP will set the MCP values for you. I'm not sure how pmSystems comes into it. What voice commands are you using for that? I fly 737NG and of course the overhead, which is pmSystems' province, is all toggle switches, not buttons, so cannot be remote-controlled.

Hi Pete

That explains everything! I am currently building my overhead, simworld panels, interface IT i/o and FI Gauges - I just wanted a way to operate the overhead until it is built. So far only done one panel :???:

I use IYP primarily to provide spoken checklists, and voice contact to Radar Contact. I do occasionally use it to set things like the transponder code, radio frequencies, and MCP / QNH settings when things get too busy for one pilot.

That Is EXACTLY what I intend to use it for once my overhead is done - I will have to battle with the small not very accurate touch screen for now then :cry:

Thank you for getting back to me

Kind Regards

Andrew

Edited by andrewkyp

Hi Pete

Of course I can get back to Robert - he is a really nice guy and very helpful so out of courtesy I should let him know I have my answer now.

For what it's worth IYP will have a place in my cockpit, just a shame it couldn't be a temporary stop gap for me to operate PM Systems until my overhead is built.

Thanks again Pete

Regards

Andrew