The simFlight Network Forums

Just a suggestion

Hi Peter

I have FSUIPC installed (free version) as I use FSFlyingSchool. I believe many not-so-advanced FSX users are a little daunted, as I am, by FSUIPC as a tool for tweaking their setup. Personally the only thing I'd want from the software is to help me with 2 issues:

1. Mapping my Logitech G940 trim wheels found on the joystick to the elevator, aileron and rudder trims. Currently FSX only allows me to map one trim axis to the elevator trim. All other assignnments work fine
  2. Saving different configurations for different planes, such as single engine, sailplanes, helicopter, etc. Currently I use a "standard" setup and before I fly I change a few of the settings to correspond to the plane i'm flying. Whatever I do FSX always remembers the last config in use when I exit from the program.

Do you think it would be possible to come out with a simplified and limited version that would only do that and be less intimidating to beginners like me? I have a hunch there might be a market for this...

Do you think it would be possible to come out with a simplified and limited version that would only do that and be less intimidating to beginners like me? I have a hunch there might be a market for this...

Sorry, but there is nothing simpler than assigning axes in the way you wish. It's merely a matter of moving them so they are detected and selecting the appropriate action. I really do not understand how you can possibly find it intimidating when you've never even tried it.

Simply removing all the other option tabs is a bit pointless when you can simply ignore them.

It's a bit like being frightened to use a Swiss Army Knife's bottle opener attachment because you are bemused by the amount of other attachments. Just ignore what you aren't interested in.

Pete