The simFlight Network Forums

FSX Installiation incorrect. The version of Simconnect installed will not run FSUIPC4

Hi guys, having trouble installing FSUIPC4.8

I get these error messages when trying to install it

FSX Installiation incorrect. The version of Simconnect installed will not run FSUIPC4

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.80

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"AppPath"

... >>> OK! FOUND FSX! <<< ...

Looking in registry for ESP install path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"AppPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for Prepar3D install path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D

Parameter"AppPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D

Parameter"SetupPath"

... NOT found! ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

AppPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original), but this is not correctly installed!

Found SimConnect build 61242 (SP1 May07), but this is not correctly installed!

Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07), but this is not correctly installed!

... Failed to find a valid SimConnect needed to use FSUIPC4!

Need help. As I need to use this for VRS SUPERBUG F/A18 SUPRHORNET FOR FSX

Cheers!

You posted your support query to the FAQ subforum, where it won't get answered. That's a repository for helpful information on "Frequently Asked Questions". Please use the Support Forum in future. I've moved this one for you.

4.80 is out of date. The current version is 4.82.

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original), but this is not correctly installed!

Found SimConnect build 61242 (SP1 May07), but this is not correctly installed!

Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07), but this is not correctly installed!

... Failed to find a valid SimConnect needed to use FSUIPC4!

You have a corrupted FSX installation. Have you been trying to uninstall or reinstall it, or rolling back the Windows registry? Those are the usual reasons.

You could try installing SP2 or Accceleration again. Otherwise it could be a total reinstallation job. This problem won't just affect FSUIPC, it will affect any and all Simconnect using applications.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

I installed fsx the first time and did not install properly and repeated the process and worked the second time.

Therefore tryed to install FSUIPC 4.80 and this error message came up.

Where do you get FSUIPC 4.82

And should I reinstall reinstall sp2 or acceleration or a total reinstallation job

Regards,

Where do you get FSUIPC 4.82

Same place as you got 4.80. 4.80 isn't available any more. 4.823 is the one available from the Schiratti site and the Download Links subforum here. (The Schiratti site isn't mine, so the words there do not get updated very often, but the links are to the same files as here).

And should I reinstall reinstall sp2 or acceleration or a total reinstallation job

Just SP2 (or Acceleration if you purchased it).

Pete

Hi Pete,

Looks Ilike I Have to reinstall fsx and fsx accleration. I installed acceleration and worked fine.

I tried to install FSUIPC 4.823, having problems with 'run as Adminstrator'

Place the "Install FSUIPC4.exe" program onto your desktop, or into a temporary folder, and right click on it, selecting "run as ... Administrator". This method allows it to run with sufficient privilege..

How do you do this?

Regards,

Michael

Looks Ilike I Have to reinstall fsx and fsx accleration. I installed acceleration and worked fine.

So why do you think you have to reinstall FSX as well?

I tried to install FSUIPC 4.823, having problems with 'run as Adminstrator'

Place the "Install FSUIPC4.exe" program onto your desktop, or into a temporary folder, and right click on it, selecting "run as ... Administrator". This method allows it to run with sufficient privilege..

How do you do this?

As it clearly says, you Place the "Install FSUIPC4.exe" program onto your desktop, or into a temporary folder, and right click on it, selecting "run as ... Administrator". Why do you find that unclear? How have you managed to install it before?

Regards,

Pete

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Pete, I got new version of FSUIPC 4.827. I downloaded the free version, non registered. I have my old registration key for FSUIPC 4, WHEN I bought a full version back in april 2010 and was wondering can use the registration key for this new FSUIPC VERSION 4.827?

Or do I have to buy a new regiatration key for this current version on my new installed windows pc to register it to use the full functions of the UTILITY?

Let me know

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Pete, I got new version of FSUIPC 4.827. I downloaded the free version, non registered. I have my old registration key for FSUIPC 4, WHEN I bought a full version back in april 2010 and was wondering can use the registration key for this new FSUIPC VERSION 4.827?

Yes. You only ever buy a registration once -- different ones for FSUIPC3 and FSUIPC4 -- but they are valid for ALL such versions, and, in fact, you are expected to keep your copy updated because old versions cannot be supported.

Also you will often find further updates in the Download Links subforum here. Version 4.827 is the latest complete install package, but there's a version 4.831 which can be installed manually afterwards.

Regards

Pete