The simFlight Network Forums

OOM warning given by FSUIPC

Pete,

Thanks. Got it. It works.

Short story and about possibly saving log files.

Yesterday testing P3D with Maximum traffic (sliders) on my pc and logging memory available (log).

Then I minimized all sliders to see the new mem avail in the log file later.

P3D crashed .. message .. P3D restarting.

As far as I could see a new log was started. Old log with data from the flight was not there.

So the question is how to save (trap data) from the last flight's log?

P3D crashed .. message .. P3D restarting.

Not really a good idea to have Windows set to auto-restart programs after a crash. If it tries to do that on my system I intervene immediately.

As far as I could see a new log was started. Old log with data from the flight was not there.

Yes, it doesn't accumuate logs, creating a new one each time. Since it's unlikely to be of relevance in a crash saituation it isn't that important, and it has been that way for 14 years now without any problems arising because of it.

Regards

Pete

• 2 months later...

Today I had one of my first OOM crashes ever after trying to fly with the autogen slider to the far right. I did hear the warning sound but I never managed to free up some memory in time before I got the OOM crash.

After this incident I thought I would try to use the monitor feature in FSUIPC where I can see the currently available memory in the FSX title bar. I think I got it working, just want to confirm I did it the correct way.

I checked I want the value displayed to the FSX title bar and I entered 024C in the first available Offset box and I then chose S32 as type. Does it matter if I use S32 or U32? At least they both show the same value so I guess not...?

This gives me the below info, would this mean I have approx 1.3 GB memory available? And when this value goes below 300000 you're in danger facing an OOM crash, right?

FSUIPC%20monitoring%20memory%20usage.JPG

Today I had one of my first OOM crashes ever after trying to fly with the autogen slider to the far right. I did hear the warning sound but I never managed to free up some memory in time before I got the OOM crash.

After this incident I thought I would try to use the monitor feature in FSUIPC where I can see the currently available memory in the FSX title bar. I think I got it working, just want to confirm I did it the correct way.

I checked I want the value displayed to the FSX title bar and I entered 024C in the first available Offset box and I then chose S32 as type. Does it matter if I use S32 or U32? At least they both show the same value so I guess not...?

This gives me the below info, would this mean I have approx 1.3 GB memory available? And when this value goes below 300000 you're in danger facing an OOM crash, right?

FSUIPC%20monitoring%20memory%20usage.JPG

Yes, that looks right. FSUIPC's ding sounds at 300 Mb left, yes, but that was just a value I found by experiment seemed to give enough warning to do something. Soon after that, if it keeps decreasing, odd things start to happen.

Regards

Pete

Yes, that looks right. FSUIPC's ding sounds at 300 Mb left, yes, but that was just a value I found by experiment seemed to give enough warning to do something. Soon after that, if it keeps decreasing, odd things start to happen.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for your prompt reply Pete!

And it doesn't matter if I use S32 or U32?