The simFlight Network Forums

With keystroke (WideFS server) should be start a program on the client PC

hi,

Who can help ?

I use FSUIPC and WideFS (last Version as packet received) for FSx. My problem is, that I cannot start a program (exemp. FS commander) then, when I press a button on the server PC.

When I use the RunReady command, then the program starts, when the connection between server and client is given ... and works fine. All datas goes from server to the client Pc and iI can control my flight on the map.

Have defined a key (#) with FSUIPC (over "KeySend"). The FSUIPC.INI shows that too

[Keys]

21=191,8,1006,1

and should be right.

In the WideClient.INI I use this:

KeySend1=191,8,1006,1

RunKey1=D:\1_FSHostSpy\FSHostSpy13.exe ; startet nicht nach Tastendruck !

Close1=Yes

So, the signal comes to the client when the key is pressed ... but the program (here FSHostSpy) does not start.

Here the part of the monitored address:

2953 In MessageLoop <M0:L0:C1>

3000 WSA_READ Entry <M0:L1:C1>

3000 WSA_READ FD_READ <M0:L1:C1>

3000 GetRecv() gets 35 <M0:L1:C1>

3000 GetRecv() packet 35 <M0:L1:C1>

3000 WSA_READ ProcessResponse <M0:L1:C1>

3000 In MessageLoop <M0:L1:C1>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

3000 Action request for "1006", KeySend1 - looking for Window ... <M1:L1:C1>

3000 Post/Send input for KeyHook action 1 <M1:L1:C1>

3016 GetRecv() done, zero <M1:L1:C1>

3016 SendInput used for KeyHook action 1 <M1:L1:C1>

3016 WM_KEYDOWN sent to Window 00200196 ok, VK code 191 <M1:L1:C1>

3016 SendInput used for KeyHook action 1 <M1:L1:C1>

3016 WM_KEYUP sent to Window 00200196 ok, VK code 191 <M1:L1:C1>

3016 Action request sent 2 events <M1:L1:C1>

3016 Checked KeySend[2]=1 <M1:L1:C1>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Is it right so or wrong ? Is that what I need possible or have I missunderstand the Documenttion ?

Sorry for my english

thanks, Juergen

Have defined a key (#) with FSUIPC (over "KeySend"). The FSUIPC.INI shows that too

[Keys]

21=191,8,1006,1

and should be right.

In the WideClient.INI I use this:

KeySend1=191,8,1006,1

Where do you get that syntax from? It is nothing like anything documented..

KeySend1=191,8

would be valid, and would cause the /? keypress to be send on the Client PC when the KeySend 1 was received. I assume you don't really want that? And of course the "1006,1" part you have afterwards is completely meaningless -- in FSUIPC 9not WideClient), control 1006,1 is KeySend1. What do you think that would mean assigned to KeySend1 in the Client? The client knows nothing of FSUIPC-added controls!

You really should read the WideFS documentation. This part, in the technical guide, tells you the format:

Running and stopping programs via KeySend requests

The KeySend facility can also accept any of these keywords after the KeySend<n>=:

RunKeyN, CloseKeyN, RunReadyN, CloseReadyN, RunN, CloseN

This allows you to program KeySends to allow any of the programs, known to WideClient through these keywords (see earlier), to be started or stopped by key or button press, from anywhere in the system. For the Run variants to work the program must have been specified by that parameter, for the Close variants to work, that Close parameter must be present with the “Yes” setting.

So the line in your case is surely "KeySend1=RunKey1", assuming you only want the program to be Run when that KeySend is sent.

Is it right so or wrong ? Is that what I need possible or have I missunderstand the Documenttion ?

Actually, I think you've just not read the relevant part of the documentation, otherwise you would have surely seen this?

Regards

Pete

hi Pete,

thanks for your quick reaction and answer.

Yes ... I have read the documentations (up and down, verry often) / esp. the part of using the KeySend facility and understand also the differences between *** RunKeyN, RunReadyN und RunN ***

I have now long enough played with this. I mentioned in my first msg that the RunReadyN (and RunN too) works fine ... but only the RunKeyN doing nothing ... there comes NO action when i press the appr. Key on the Keyboard of the Host-Pc i.e. the program does not start.

U ask me from where this syntac is *** 191,8,1006,1 *** .... i have taken that from the INI-file of FSUIPC ... and out of sheer frustration taken !- :D

Now i have my WideClient-INI-file restored again and tried with a another Key (79,x) ...

also no reaction by pressing the Key. I could not find why it does not work. Pls control my INI-file.

thanks for helping, regards Juergen

Here my last INI file:

[Config]

ServerName=PC1

Protocol=TCP

;ServerIPAddr=192.168.1.33

Port=8002

Port2=9002

Window=791,96,324,165

visible=Yes

ButtonScanInterval=20

ClassInstance=0

NetworkTiming=5,1

MailslotTiming=2000,1000

PollInterval=2000

ResponseTime=18

ApplicationDelay=0

TCPcoalesce=No

WaitForNewData=500

MaxSendQ=100

OnMaxSendQ=Log

NewSendScanTime=50

Priority=3,1,2

[user]

Log=Debug

; Errors+

Monitor=5600,256,5B00,128,028C,1,04E0,88,48F0,10,5400,512

ShowCounts=No

ShowRxFramerate=No

Background=H:\REFLEX\Simulator\Flugzeug\Bellanca\Bellanca_Blau-gelb2.bmp

KeySend1=79,8 ;is Key Oh

UseSendInput=Yes

RunKey1=D:\1_FSHostSpy\FSHostSpy13.exe

CloseKey1=Yes

;RunReady2=C:\Programme\Aerosoft\FSC\FSC.exe

;CloseReady2=Kill

[sounds]

Path=F:\FSx\WideClient\Sound\

Device1=Primärer Soundtreiber

Device2=C-Media Wave Device

Yes ... I have read the documentations (up and down, verry often) / esp. the part of using the KeySend facility and understand also the differences between *** RunKeyN, RunReadyN und RunN ***

But evidently you missed the part about how to use the RunKey option with KeySend!

I have now long enough played with this. I mentioned in my first msg that the RunReadyN (and RunN too) works fine ... but only the RunKeyN doing nothing ... there comes NO action when i press the appr. Key on the Keyboard of the Host-Pc i.e. the program does not start.

Because you did not equate the KeySend with the RunKey program, that is why, as I showed.

U ask me from where this syntac is *** 191,8,1006,1 *** .... i have taken that from the INI-file of FSUIPC ... and out of sheer frustration taken !- :D

Why would you think a KeyPress assignment entry for FSUIPC would do anything in WideClient which has no keypress assignments facility in any case? And why do you want the KeySend to press a key in any case -- you said you wanted to start a program, not press a key!!!

English may be difficult for you, but you will frustrate yourself even more if you simply do not read what is presented to you. You ignored my answers in my last message, and you seem to have ignored the very part of the documentation I mentioned and even reproduced for you above!

Now i have my WideClient-INI-file restored again and tried with a another Key (79,x) ...

also no reaction by pressing the Key. I could not find why it does not work. Pls control my INI-file.

It is STILL because you persist in not entering the correect assignment for the KeySend. I actually told you EXACTLY what line to put in in my last message. Why did you ignore that and persist in doing things your own invented way which bears no relation to what is needed?

KeySend1=79,8 ;is Key Oh

Change that to

KeySend1=RunKey1

i.e Exactly as I told you last time!!! How otherwise do you expect WideClient to even know which program to start? Assigning the KeySend to a keypress just makes WideClient press that Key. Nothing else! That syntax is for pressing keys! Not starting programs!

This was made clear in the odcumentation and in the bit I quoted last time by:

The KeySend facility can also accept any of these keywords after the KeySend<n>=:

RunKeyN, CloseKeyN, RunReadyN, CloseReadyN, RunN, CloseN

As you must surely see, KeySend can be set to run (or Close) ANY program,, whether RunReady, Run or RunKey. The only difference with RunKey programs is that they can ONLY be started by the KeySend. With Runthey start immediately too, with RunReady they start when FS is ready too. But all can also start with a KeySend assignment.

EXACTLY AS DOCUMENTED IN THE SECTION I QUOTED FOR YOU, and which you ignored. Why did I bother to write all those details and include the answer in my reply if you just ignore it?

:sad:

Pete

hi Pete,

right ... it is difficult for me. I have to translate parts via google !

So the line in your case is surely "KeySend1=RunKey1", assuming you only want the program to be Run when that KeySend is sent.

----------

I am verry sorry ... that i have not seen in your post before

EXACTLY AS DOCUMENTED IN THE SECTION I QUOTED FOR YOU, and which you ignored. Why did I bother to write all those details and include the answer in my reply if you just ignore it?

----------

So ... i have used now "KeySend1=RunKey1" as your told me ...

and additionally it was neccessary here to change the parameter (in FSUIPC settings) for the key "O" to 1 (was 0 before) ... and now it works !-

Sorry again .. and thanks for helping.

I think, it can also be verry helpfull for other peoples

Regards Juergen