The simFlight Network Forums

Rudder and Aileron Trim reset

Hi Pete :

I am new to FSUIPC which I have recently purchased , got few questions if you don't mind answering please:

1- is there a better detailed manual other than the user manual included in the zip file , as there are few things that I can't understand how to use such as the float , or what is the difference between rudder trim Right / left and rudder trim set.

the user manual is a basic one and doesn't cover everything. your advice please.

2- I am using FSX , but can only find rudder and aileron centre ( which is Num 5 on the pad ) , I have programmed switches B1 & B2 for Rudder trim Left and Right, but I don't know how to program a switch on the Saitek Yoke or the keyboard to centre the trim .

can this be done by FSUIPC , if yes how.

3- how can I adjust the sensitivity and the dead zone for any of an axis?

Thank you in advance

Nigel

1- is there a better detailed manual other than the user manual included in the zip file

There is no user manual included in the ZIP file. The document included there is the Installation and Registration guide. And that lists the documents you get and where they are installed -- i.e. in the FSUIPC Documents folder in your FS Modules folder. Please do read that Installation guide first, that's why it is packed in the ZIP right next to the Installer!

, as there are few things that I can't understand how to use such as the float , or what is the difference between rudder trim Right / left and rudder trim set.

What do you mean by "the float"? I have no idea where you are looking or what your questions are. Names like "rudder trim left" and so on are the names of the FS controls as defined by FS. FSUIPC doesn't invent these. Most should be obvious (like "left" means to the left, "right" means to the right -- what else? -- "set" means directly set by parameter). But I cannot define the meaning of every one of the hundreds of FS controls -- they vary a bit in any case according to which version of FS you are using. FSUIPC just gets the list from FS and exposes it for you to assign to!

the user manual is a basic one and doesn't cover everything. your advice please.

I certainy think you must be looking in the wrong place. Please go back and check the Installation guide so you know where to look and for what! That is why it is there!

2- I am using FSX , but can only find rudder and aileron centre ( which is Num 5 on the pad ) , I have programmed switches B1 & B2 for Rudder trim Left and Right, but I don't know how to program a switch on the Saitek Yoke or the keyboard to centre the trim .

Normally trim is contnually adjustable and you adjust in left or right to centre it. If you want a quick centre action just Set it with a parameter of 0. 0 = centre.

3- how can I adjust the sensitivity and the dead zone for any of an axis?

Follow the numbered steps clearly given in the User Guide chapter on calibration.

I am not going to reproduce here large sections of a large manual. It sounds like you haven't read the Installation Guide and so not know where the bulk of your FSUIPC installed deocuments are!

:sad:

Pete