The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC & Prepar3d

First off I have state that FSUIPC and P3d 1.3 are working fine for me. This thread might be more of a request or a how-to. Let me explain the issue I am having.

As most know many FSX addons are working in p3d, some have minor issues some have none. Some require that you copy the the original Prepar3D.exe and rename to to fsx.exe.

Some addons for fsx, at least till these addons are updated to have p3d support, require that you run this newly made fsx.exe.

The problem is that when you run this new exe that has been renamed, FSUIPC shows as unregistered in game, however when running the regular Prepar3D.exe all is fine and the

module is registered and fully working.

So,,is there anything I can do on my end to make FSUIPC work correctly when running this fsx.exe? If not, I hope this could somehow make into the next update?

Happy customer since 2006 btw :mrgreen:

cheers,

eagle

As most know many FSX addons are working in p3d, some have minor issues some have none. Some require that you copy the the original Prepar3D.exe and rename to to fsx.exe.

Some addons for fsx, at least till these addons are updated to have p3d support, require that you run this newly made fsx.exe.

Changing the simulator executable name can have all sorts of side effects. What add-ons are you trying which need such a step?

The problem is that when you run this new exe that has been renamed, FSUIPC shows as unregistered in game, however when running the regular Prepar3D.exe all is fine and the

module is registered and fully working.

FSUIPC has always handled renamed FS main executables. Even back in FS9 days folks used to have different names for FS9.EXE so that it would load a different CFG file for different scenarios. (This was before they realised they could do the same with the "/config:" command line parameter). In order to cope with this, FSUIPC too uses renamed files. You may not have noticed -- look in your P3D modules folder and you will find that it is using

FSUIPC4.FSX.INI for its settings and

FSUIPC4.FSX.log for its logging.

It will be looking for an FSUIPC4.FSX.Key file for its registrations. Copy your key file and rename it so.

Regards

Pete

The addons in question are Shade and Airshow pilot. But is suspect Airshow Pilot may not be working right even if I am using the psd/fsx.exe trick and the developer stated no p3d support so this addon might be dead in the water.

Shade however does indeed work, Steve the developer of Shade seems to be very busy with RL issues, but after I explained about the exe renaming he did say in an email this morning that he would have something for me in a few days.

So great news from him and I shall try copying the ini file/renaming and see what happens, thanks for the help.

eagle

Edited by eagleFMJ