The simFlight Network Forums

AdvDisp 2.11 Dropdown Problem

Along with FSUIPC 3.05 (full features), FS2K2, W98SE, ActiveSky WXRe 1.9b2, Radar Contact 3.1 build 2205.

When add-ons are running, right clicking in the window momentarily shows dropdown list and disappears not allowing selection in dropdown list. My workaround is to bring up an aircraft without any Adv using apps, force it open via the modules menu (it is set to hide when empty), right-click to open the dropdown, reselect and redock, then open add-on apps. Active Sky is NOT set to show Flightwatch text.

This is a fairly recent problem.

When add-ons are running, right clicking in the window momentarily shows dropdown list and disappears not allowing selection in dropdown list.

Hmm. I can't reproduce that here. How do you do it?

My workaround is to bring up an aircraft without any Adv using apps, force it open via the modules menu (it is set to hide when empty), right-click to open the dropdown, reselect and redock, then open add-on apps.

I'm not understanding something here. The options in AdvDisplay are really meant to be set as needed once, then left. Why would you need to keep changing them? If you do want to change them all the time, should they be hot-key options? You know there's already a Hot Key option in FSUIPC to hide/show the AdvDisplay window, don't you?

This is a fairly recent problem.

Recent in what terms? Since AdvDisplay 2.11 you mean? The way it provides the menu facilities is pure standard Windows APIs and has never been changed. It has no control over when the drop down closes -- it cannot happen as far as I know till you select one of the items or click someplace else. Perhaps one of your add-ons is activating this sort of focus diversion?

Regards,

Pete

The reason was it was necessary to undock to allow windshield visibility for ground AI, then move back.

I'll use the hotkey option for hiding. It is not a big issue.

It sounds like a focus problem as you describe caused possibly by the later builds of RC or AS. I have RealityXP FLA and Jetline 2 (most recent) installed but these do not react with either module.