The simFlight Network Forums

Help with Lvar Macros

Hello,

Just need a little bit of help with some macros I am creating for the VRS Superbug.

I have read through the FSUIPC Advanced users guide & I am using FSUIPC Ver. 4.827.

A problem I am having is setting an Increment & Decrement macro.

Here is an example, The left DDI mode knob in the hornet uses Lvar BCBGL (Unfortunately they are non descriptive)

It Has four postitions OFF/NIGHT/DAY/AUTO.

It does not physically cycle back to the OFF position, simply a 4 Position switch.

The Values for the Lvar are 0=Off 1=Night 2=Day 3=Auto

The Increment macro for this switch works perfectly

1=L:BCBGL=INC,3

Monitoring the Lvar value as I increment the value will stop at 3 and go no further, Perfect !

However If I create a Decrement Macro

1=L:BCBGL=DEC,0

Monitoring the Lvar value as I Decrement the value it will continue to go into negative numbers forever & does not stop at 0

If I set the value in the line to 1 or -1 the decrement behaves & will not go any further than the number set, it seems like 0 is ignored.

Is this a little bug I have stumbled upon or is this normal behaviour?

Should I be doing this in a differnet way?

Thankyou in Advance Glenn.

However If I create a Decrement Macro

1=L:BCBGL=DEC,0

Monitoring the Lvar value as I Decrement the value it will continue to go into negative numbers forever & does not stop at 0

If I set the value in the line to 1 or -1 the decrement behaves & will not go any further than the number set, it seems like 0 is ignored.

Is this a little bug I have stumbled upon or is this normal behaviour?

Looks like a bug. The value '0' is actually being used as a flag to say there's no limit set -- i.e. same as omitting it.

I'll need to figure a way around this. Sorry. Look out for an update over the next few days. Probably Monday.

Regards

Pete