The simFlight Network Forums

Axises not registering

I have been using FSUIPC for months no with no problem and then today I was trying to configure a different aircraft and when I pushed forward the levers only one or two would work. What I mean is the Value (+ or -) would not move. I have read about saitek registry error online but I am not sure what the issue is. Anybody else have this issue. I tried the rescan and still only one on each quadrant would be recognized by FSUIPC.

I have been using FSUIPC for months no with no problem and then today I was trying to configure a different aircraft and when I pushed forward the levers only one or two would work. What I mean is the Value (+ or -) would not move. I have read about saitek registry error online but I am not sure what the issue is. Anybody else have this issue. I tried the rescan and still only one on each quadrant would be recognized by FSUIPC.

I can't help without more information. You don't even say what version of FS you are using, let alone FSUIPC. FSUIPC will recognise the same axes and buttons as FS does, as it uses the same Windows facilities -- so, have you tried FS? Why are you assigning in FSUIPC in any case? Why not assign in FS?

Regards

Pete

I am usin FSX Gold Edition with SP2. FSUIPC is verison 4.758 and I use FSUIPC because I like to save the profiles for different aircraft that way I don't have to go into FS controls each time I want to fly a different type of aircraft. Each time I try the axis it is a different lever that is recognized. It works in the actual cockpit but I can't get FSUPIC to recognize it when I want to "rescan" and change the function. That eliminates a issue with the actual hardware.

I am usin FSX Gold Edition with SP2. FSUIPC is verison 4.758 and I use FSUIPC because I like to save the profiles for different aircraft that way I don't have to go into FS controls each time I want to fly a different type of aircraft.

Okay -- but version 4.7xx is pretty old now and not supported. Please update. The current full version is 4.827 (with Installer), and there is a later interim update also available. See the Download Links subforum.

Each time I try the axis it is a different lever that is recognized. It works in the actual cockpit but I can't get FSUPIC to recognize it when I want to "rescan" and change the function.

So how did you originally assign them?

That eliminates a issue with the actual hardware.

Why do you think that? The most obvious reason for what you are seeing (and in fact the only one I can think of) is that the hardware, or its driver, is constantly sending signals -- i.e. jittering -- so much so that when you "rescan" the same jittering axis is picked up. That could be hardware, cable, USB port, or driver. You could try parking all the levers at one extreme to 'fix' the value so it doesn't jitter, or alternatively you can simply use the "Ignore Axis" button to temporarily avoid scanning that axis whilst you assign another. That is exactly what the "Ignore axis" facility is for!

Regards

Pete