The simFlight Network Forums

failled install of FSUIPC 4

Hi pete

I tried several times to install the FSUIPC to no avail . I got the following message :

PROBLEM! Cannot place FSUIPC.4 DLL into the FSX \ MODULES FOLDER ! the error reported by windows is : Acces refusé

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ESP

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\(null)

Parameter"SetupPath"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Prepar3D

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

SetupPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original)

Found SimConnect build 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... No previous valid version found.

Error 5 reported creating Modules folder: "Accès refusé. "

Failed to place FSUIPC4.DLL into folder as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Error 5 reported ("Accès refusé. ")

I right clicked on the installer and select "run as administrtor " . Nothing happened . same error .

I am stuck and do not know what to do .

regards

I tried several times to install the FSUIPC to no avail . I got the following message :

PROBLEM! Cannot place FSUIPC.4 DLL into the FSX \ MODULES FOLDER ! the error reported by windows is : Acces refusé

Either your registry is incorrect and is not pointing to the correct place for FSX, or you are not running the FSUIPC4 installer with sufficient access rights.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ESP

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

Where's the start of the Install log? It doesn't help me to help you if you only supply part of the Log file!

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

SetupPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

And is this correct?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... No previous valid version found.

Error 5 reported creating Modules folder: "Accès refusé. "

This can only happen if you have not given the Installer sufficient provileges to write to the FSX folders. You MUST run the Installer from an administrator's account AND with the right-click "run as ... administrator" option.

I right clicked on the installer and select "run as administrtor " . Nothing happened . same error .

And what user account did you use to do this? If Windows will not let you change your own files you cannot ever install anything. All the installer needs is elevated administrator privileges. This is all a result of allowing FSX install to go to the "Program Files" folders which are protected by Windows against any changes without such provileges being allowed.

Regards

Pete