The simFlight Network Forums

Trim on Beech Yoke PFC Switch pans View

Although I have set Trim Up and Trim Down on my PFC Yoke settings, when I press Trim down button ( Upper left yoke button) the VC view pans down instead of the trim wheel rotating down as expected. This is occuring on a Real Air Beech Turbine Duke. Is there a easy fix for this?

Although I have set Trim Up and Trim Down on my PFC Yoke settings, when I press Trim down button ( Upper left yoke button) the VC view pans down instead of the trim wheel rotating down as expected. This is occuring on a Real Air Beech Turbine Duke. Is there a easy fix for this?

I've really no idea. Is this a USB yoke, or one which connects to a serial control system? Are you using any of my software -- PFC.DLL or PFCFSX.DLL? FSUIPC3 or FSUIPC4? How are you assigning the switches?

It sounds like you have the switch programmed twice, i.e. in two places. You'd need to unprogram the action you don't want. But with zero information provided I can't really help much.

For the older serial port PFC system driven by my PFC/PFCFSX drivers, the default assignments are trim on left and views or panning on the right -- the other way round for the copilot part of a linkws pair, as in the 737NG cockpit. But they can be changed of course. If you are using one of these drivers, why not check the documentation?

Regards

Pete

This is a Beech Mooney Yoke attached to a Serial Port PFC Cirrus II. I am using the PFCFSX.dll 4.40 as I just reinstalled this on a new Win 7 computer. I have tried to program through FSUPIC Buttons in an attempt to cure this, but it does not seem to help. Should I revert back to an older version of PFC.DLL? If so, where can I get an older version?

This is a Beech Mooney Yoke attached to a Serial Port PFC Cirrus II. I am using the PFCFSX.dll 4.40

Okay, good. In that case all of the default assignments should be fine.

I have tried to program through FSUPIC Buttons in an attempt to cure this, but it does not seem to help.

If it is not also programmed in FSUIPC, and not somehow (in ways I wouldn't know) programmed in FSX itself, then the only possible answer is that there's a hardware problem whereby that "button" is effectively sending two signals for the same action. You can check this yourself in the "Test" tab in the PFC menu selection in the FSX Add-Ons menu. Select that and see what inputs it records.

Should I revert back to an older version of PFC.DLL? If so, where can I get an older version?

Not sure why you should think that reverting to older versions would help. I use PFCFSX.DLL everyday with my serial port connected PFC equipment and there is no known problems at all. Do the check I suggested then contact PFC support.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete. For what its worth, I redownloaded amd reinstalled both the FSUPIC and PFC.DLL software, deleted the pan option on the jetliner yoke button, and that seemed to have cured it. It does seem strange that it may have been associated with the Jetliner Yoke switch, where part of the double left rocker pans too, but eliminating a pan option all together seemed to have helped cure it. Whatever, the problems cured, so I am happy! Thanks again!!