The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG 737 vs PMDG 747 - Spolier Operation/Spoiler Arming Function with FSUIPC

Hello,

I've recently took the plunge and opted to setup all of my 'CH Flight Equipment' to work through 'FSUIPC' to control my 'PMDG' aircraft within 'FS9'.

So far I've been able to create and setup the necessary joystick, throttle, rudder pedal and numerous button assignment requirements including various slope adjustments. I've even managed to create separate profiles for a heavy four engine jet and a two engine jet - so I must be doing something right!

However, today I've tried in vain to setup the 'Spoiler Operation/Spoiler Arming Function in the PMDG 737' it just doesn't work as expected - I can't get the spoilers to arm or even deploy automatically (in manual operation they work just fine).

For information I allocated the same axis wheel on my joystick and setup FSUIPC identically as I'd previously done with the 'Spoiler Operation/Spoiler Arming Function in my PMDG 747, which incidentally works perfectly and just as required.

Furthermore, when I try the FS9 keyboard assignment I get the same problem with the PMDG 737 too! I even tried deleting the FS9 keyboard assignment, but this hasn't fixed it either.

So what am I doing wrong? - I just can't figure it out! I've trawled through the internet pit for help on this matter, but so far nothing I've found identically simulates my issue.

Therefore, any help or advice would really be appreciated from anyone within this forum as this is my one and only problem that is stopping the PMDG 737 from its full operating conversion to FSUIPC.

Many thanks.

Regards...Pablo

You posted your support request in the FAQ sub-forum, where it won't get answered, so I've moved it to the Support Forum for you.

However, today I've tried in vain to setup the 'Spoiler Operation/Spoiler Arming Function in the PMDG 737' it just doesn't work as expected - I can't get the spoilers to arm or even deploy automatically (in manual operation they work just fine).

You can't do it with the aircraft on the ground because whenever the axis passes through the "arm" point the spoilers deploy fully. Take the aircraft into the air and just pause FS whilst you set them up.

Regards

Pete

Hello and many thanks for your help regarding where to post this type of support request in the future.

I will now try your suggestion and setup the spoilers for my PMDG 737 in flight and see if that works. Would it be prudent to do the same for my PMDG 747 despite everything so far working as required in the air or on the ground..?

I'm also looking to increase my fleet and purchase the PMDG MD-11, are there any issues with this product and FSUIPC that I should know about?

Kind regards.

Pablo

Would it be prudent to do the same for my PMDG 747 despite everything so far working as required in the air or on the ground..?

No, if you got it working already I wouln't worry. It is possible even with the default 737 to calibrate on the ground, but difficult to get the Arm zone set properly because of the immediate deployment.

I'm also looking to increase my fleet and purchase the PMDG MD-11, are there any issues with this product and FSUIPC that I should know about?

Sorry, I've no idea but i don't know why there would be any. I don't use any of these sophisticated add-on aircraft bcause I have a complete hardware cockpi,t with no FS panels at all, and all systems provided by Project Magenta.

Regards

Pete

Hello,

Many thanks for the reply and your help regarding my issue.

I did exactly as you suggested and setup the PMDG 737 spoilers while in flight doing circuits at YMML. Guess what...it worked and upon landing the spoilers deployed and operated exactly as required.

I now have all of my PMDG aircraft and CH products running as required using the latest version of FSUIPC in FS9.

Once again many thanks for your kind help it was appreciated.

Regards - Pablo