The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC with FSX and P3D

I have installed FSX and P3D on two seperate drives. This appears to be causing some rather strange conflict issues with my registered copy of FSUIPC. As an example I can no longer map either program via FSUIPC --> Buttons + Switches. Some mappings have simply stopped working. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.. Cheers, Mac

PS: I am trying to use the same profile for bor both programs in order to reduce risk of conflicts. I have been able to re-map some keys via the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke interface.

I have installed FSX and P3D on two seperate drives. This appears to be causing some rather strange conflict issues with my registered copy of FSUIPC.

It cannot possibly make any difference. The two installations are completely separate, no overlap, no shared files, nothing connecting the two.

As an example I can no longer map either program via FSUIPC --> Buttons + Switches. Some mappings have simply stopped working.

Sorry, you'll need to explain what you mean here. "Map"? Do you mean assign? Don't the buttons appear in the Buttons & Switches tab when pressed?

PS: I am trying to use the same profile for bor both programs in order to reduce risk of conflicts. I have been able to re-map some keys via the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke interface.

You can use the same FSUIPC4.INI file -- just copy your original one into your new installation. there is no difference. However, I've no idea if there are conflicts between the Saitek software and FSUIPC -- that's a matter for the Saitek support forum. I understood most users were more successful discarding the Saitek stuff.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete. A little clarification.

I have managed to wind up with three 'ini' files. The FSX installation is on drive C\: and the P3D installation on G:\ The paths of the three 'ini'

C:\ Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

G:\ Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

G:\ Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D

It seems as though my problem is the second entry or the second FSX 'ini' file on the G\ drive?

Mac

I have managed to wind up with three 'ini' files. The FSX installation is on drive C\: and the P3D installation on G:\ The paths of the three 'ini'

C:\ Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

G:\ Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

G:\ Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D

There are no files related to FSUIPC in any of those folders. the ONLY files related to FSUIPC are in the Modules subfolder. I've no idea what you are doing with INI files in the main FS folders, but they are not going to be read by FSUIPC.

I don't know why you have two separate installations of FSX, but it won't matter providing you are running the correct one! FSUIPC doesn't use any files outside of the Modules folder for whichever copy of whichever sm you run.

Pete

Pete, those are the paths of the FSUIPC 'ini' files according to Win 7 Search. I have now deleted my "backup" copy of FSX from the G:\ drive. So there is an FSX installation on C:\ and P3G installation on G:\

Ther are FSUIPC.ini files (one only in each) at

C:\ Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules AND

G:\ Program Files (x86)Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Modules

Mac

Pete, those are the paths of the FSUIPC 'ini' files according to Win 7 Search.

Well, they are no use there at all. If there are no INI files in the Modules folder, next to FSUIPC itself, then that FSUIPC has never been runt least the DLL, the INI and the LOG file, all in the Modules folder, and a subfolder called FSUIPC Documents.

Ther are FSUIPC.ini files (one only in each) at

C:\ Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules AND

G:\ Program Files (x86)Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Modules

Good, that's where they should be. They are the only ones used.

Pete