The simFlight Network Forums

Registration failure

Every time I register FSUIPC and WideFS I get confirmation but when I start Prepar3D I am not registered.

Have tried this many times without a result, can you advise please.

Are you following the instructions and executing the Installer by "run as ... administrator"?

Look in the P3D Modules folder. Can you see the FSUIPC files. There should be an Install log, an FSUIPC4 run time log, an FSUIPC4 ini file ("configuration settings") and an FSUIPC4 key file (probably denoted as a reg file). The last is your registration.

Tell me what files you do see, and paste here the Install log and the FSUIPC4 log (NOT the others). Make sure P3D is closed down first.

Regards

Pete

I have installed as admin and reinstalled after firing up the sim and following instructions. No key file. This is a brand new installation on a Crucial 120GB SSD after a system crash and reformat. It worked OK before the crash so I am at a loss to understand the problem.

All I see is the following files:

FSUIPC.dll file

FSUIPC .ini file

FSUIPC log file

SimConnect P3D file

I have no idea how to paste them to this reply

Is this what you neet?

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC4 not user registered

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Running inside Prepar3D on Windows 7

Module base=115B0000

47 System time = 08/06/2012 11:38:11

47 FLT path = "C:\Users\Pete\Documents\Prepar3D Files\"

47 Trying D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Modules\SimConnectP3D.dll

47 Found it: trying to connect

47 FS path = "D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\"

390 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

390 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

390 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok

390 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

390 Trying to use SimConnect Prepar3D

2964 Running in "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D®", Version: 1.3.3708.0 (SimConnect: 1.3.0.0)

2964 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

2964 FSUIPC Menu entry added

2980 C:\Users\Pete\Documents\Prepar3D Files\BOAC Constellation at Birmingham international.flt

2980 D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_L049\L049A.AIR

32401 System time = 08/06/2012 11:38:43, Simulator time = 16:00:29 (15:00Z)

32807 Starting everything now ...

46816 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

56254 System time = 08/06/2012 11:39:07, Simulator time = 16:00:33 (15:00Z)

56254 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Average frame rate for running time of 3 secs = 9.8 fps

G3D fix: Passes 16086, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 0, Separate instances 0

Memory managed: 5 Allocs, 5 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

[General]

UpdatedByVersion=4827

History=P5O80YSVW0Q0D5ALSXQBS

AxesWrongRange=No

TCASid=Flight

TCASrange=40

AxisCalibration=No

DirectAxesToCalibs=No

ShowMultilineWindow=Yes

SuppressSingleline=No

SuppressMultilineFS=No

AxisIntercepts=No

DontResetAxes=No

InitDelay=0

GetNearestAirports=No

WeatherReadFactor=2

WeatherRewriteSeconds=1

CustomWeatherModify=No

SimConnectStallTime=1

InitialStallTime=10

NormalStallTime=1

LuaRerunDelay=66

FSVersionUsed="Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D®",1.3.3708.0

SimConnectUsed=1.3.0.0

Console=No

[JoyNames]

AutoAssignLetters=No

0=Joystick - HOTAS Warthog

0.GUID={7A430890-AF30-11E1-8001-444553540000}

1=Throttle - HOTAS Warthog

1.GUID={7A430890-AF30-11E1-8002-444553540000}

2=Simped-F16/USB

2.GUID={C52A6A20-B0A1-11E1-8001-444553540000}

[WideServer]

WideFSenabled=Yes

[sounds]

Path=D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Sound\

Device1=Primary Sound Driver

Device2=Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Device3=Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Device4=Realtek Digital Output(Optical) (Realtek High Definition Audio)

I have installed as admin and reinstalled after firing up the sim and following instructions. No key file.

The only thing the Registration part of the Installer does is create the KEY file. That's it's sole purpose. You only need the Key file for a registrered install.

All I see is the following files:

FSUIPC.dll file

FSUIPC .ini file

FSUIPC log file

SimConnect P3D file

If there is no Install log file then the Installer could not have placed those files there -- you must have put the DLL files there manually! The Installer creates a log directly it starts -- it is also displayed on screen whilst it is operating. Dod you not see any of that?

I cannot help without seeing the Install log. Also:

Is this what you neet?

User Name=""

User Addr=""

This is an extract from the FSUIPC4 log file you posted. But you removed the first line which includes the Version number. Why? I always need to see the complete file, not part of it.

The install log is called "FSUIP4 Install.log" I think you need to do a search for that to find out where you actually installed FSUIPC and the generated Key file.

Regards

Pete

This is the complete log file, must have missed top line when copied.

There is no install or key file in the Modules folder. As the installer is fully automatic and it finds my Prepar3D location without any help from me, I am at a loss to understand why they are missing. I have searched my computer without finding any reference to the missing files. As I stated before, this is a clean installation of Windows 7 and Prepar3D so the registry has no previous installations to cause problems.

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.827 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name=""

User Addr=""

Module base=115B0000

47 System time = 08/06/2012 11:38:11

47 FLT path = "C:\Users\Pete\Documents\Prepar3D Files\"

47 Trying D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Modules\SimConnectP3D.dll

47 Found it: trying to connect

47 FS path = "D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\"

390 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

390 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

390 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok

390 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

390 Trying to use SimConnect Prepar3D

2964 Running in "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D®", Version: 1.3.3708.0 (SimConnect: 1.3.0.0)

2964 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

2964 FSUIPC Menu entry added

2980 C:\Users\Pete\Documents\Prepar3D Files\BOAC Constellation at Birmingham international.flt

2980 D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_L049\L049A.AIR

32401 System time = 08/06/2012 11:38:43, Simulator time = 16:00:29 (15:00Z)

32807 Starting everything now ...

46816 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

56254 System time = 08/06/2012 11:39:07, Simulator time = 16:00:33 (15:00Z)

56254 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Average frame rate for running time of 3 secs = 9.8 fps

G3D fix: Passes 16086, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 0, Separate instances 0

Memory managed: 5 Allocs, 5 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

There is no install or key file in the Modules folder. As the installer is fully automatic and it finds my Prepar3D location without any help from me, I am at a loss to understand why they are missing.

Hmmm. As am I. But without seeing the Install log i don't know how I can help. That file has all the information.

When you run the installer, don't you see the Log scrolling on screen, and still there when it gets to the Registration prompt?

The log is created right at the beginning. As the entries are made in that screen window, they are also being written to the disk.

Try this, please. Download the 4.833 version of the DLL from the Download Links subforum, and copy the DLL into the P3D Modules folder. Then re-run the Installer. It will come up with a message saying that it has not overwritten the DLL because it is later. Before "OKaying" that message, click "save As" in the menu bar of the Windw showing the log, and save the log somewhere where you can find it later. Then let the installer continue.

Find the log and paste it here please.

Regards

Pete

The log is created right at the beginning. As the entries are made in that screen window, they are also being written to the disk.

Sorry. That's actually not correct. It can't write the log to disk till later because it doesn't know where and what versions of FS there will be, nor even if there's a Modules folder yet. So it doesn't actually write the log till later -- just when you close the Registration dialogue, in fact.

The registration dialogue writes the Key file and on exit the log file is written.

So, it sounds very much like the Installer is actually crashing before it finishes. Which is mighty odd.

Can you please check the Win7 Application log for an error? There must surely be one recorded. If so, I need the module name, offset/address and error code.

Also, try running the Installer and simply clciking "Cancel" in the Registration dialogue, without entering anything at all. Does that produce an Install log?

Regards

Pete

I cannot find a reference FLUIPC4.833 dll for upload in the Downloads section and I do not have any understanding of Windows Application logs

I do get the scrolling log as I install FSUIPC4 but after registration I get the 'This program may not have installed properly' doalog. reinstalling has no effect.

I have been trying to get tbhis sorted for hours and need a break.

I cannot find a reference FLUIPC4.833 dll for upload in the Downloads section

Sorry, it has already been updated to 4.834. the point is not the specific version, but a version later than the one you have!

and I do not have any understanding of Windows Application logs

Press the Windows key on your keyboard, the one with a Windows label to the left but one of the space bar (normally). In the space for entering search requests (normally with a faint "search programs and files" text), type "event viewer" and press the Enter key.

In the resulting window select "windows Logs" on the left then double click "Application" on the right. This should bring up an event log giving details of all of the application events you've had. You need to find one with "Level" equal to "error" (red exclamation), describing the FSUIPC installer as the source.

I do get the scrolling log as I install FSUIPC4 but after registration I get the 'This program may not have installed properly' doalog.

Ah. You never said that before. How do you reply to that?

I have been trying to get tbhis sorted for hours and need a break.

Me too! But I have tried to provide constructive replies to each of your posts nevertheless. I am away after tonight until Monday, so that'll be a break for us both. ;-)

There's evidently a problem specific to your system, but finding it might take more exchanges yet. One of the steps I've suggested is still outstanding from your side, that of using the later version of FSUIPC4 in order to get to a point where you can do a manual save of the log.

Regards

Pete

Hello Peter,

I have solved the problem, I installed FSX and them installed Fsuipc. It worked in both sims and I a fully registered in both. I have been told to make copies of the FSX cfg and exe filed and put them in Prepar3D, apparently this will fool dedicated programs into installing into P3D.

Thank you for your time and assistance, I will email you a pint when I go to the pub.

I have solved the problem, I installed FSX and them installed Fsuipc. It worked in both sims and I a fully registered in both.

Hmm. That's good, but I still don't understand what was happening. I have tested the Installer on a system without FSX installed. It shouldn't make any difference.

Pete

I agree, I had it installed on P3D only before I lost everything and it worked perfectly. As I had just purchased a Hofmann SIMPED F16 USB and Thrustmaster Warthog I was very concerned that I could not use them to their full potential without your program. I am still at a complete loss to understand what went wrong with my installations before I installed FSX on a different HDD (I have P3D on a 128Gb SSD). Could that have been a cause?

Anyway, I now have to spend the day working out how to use FSUIPC4 to control my hardware. I have only the SimSamurai guide for the CH controllers but hopefully my brain has returned to something approaching normality.

Thanks again Peter.

I agree, I had it installed on P3D only before I lost everything and it worked perfectly. As I had just purchased a Hofmann SIMPED F16 USB and Thrustmaster Warthog I was very concerned that I could not use them to their full potential without your program. I am still at a complete loss to understand what went wrong with my installations before I installed FSX on a different HDD (I have P3D on a 128Gb SSD). Could that have been a cause?

No, can't see that. And I use SSD's, they are fine.

Anyway, I now have to spend the day working out how to use FSUIPC4 to control my hardware. I have only the SimSamurai guide for the CH controllers

The FSUIPC documentation includes a User Guide which has step-by-step calibration instructions. Look in the FSUIPC documents folder, inside the Modules folder.

Pete