The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC not talking with AFSD and FSDAT

I have been a user of FSUIPC for many years in both FS2004 and FSX but for some reason I can no longer connect to either sim using either AFSD or FSDAT. They used to work fine but for some reason they don't work now.

I have re-installed all three programs, with Administrator rights, but no luck so far. When I have a sim running and I try to connect to it with either AFSD or FSDAT I get the same error message which states "Unable to initiate communication with FSUIPC or WideClient [Error cause: Cannot link to FSUIPC or WideClient]".

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit as my OS and AFSD and FSDAT both worked on this system as I used them both back in February when I took part in the flight sim Round the World Race.

I have checked through other forum posts and not seen an answer so I was wondering if anyone else had seen similar issues or if anyone had any suggestions.

Larry

I have been a user of FSUIPC for many years in both FS2004 and FSX but for some reason I can no longer connect to either sim using either AFSD or FSDAT. They used to work fine but for some reason they don't work now.

And what's changed?

I'm afraid I have never heard of either AFSD or FSDAT. Are you sure they are FSUIPC applications?

Also, are you talking about a problem with WideFS connection or direct with FSUIPC. Your report is ambiguous.

Anyway, I need actual information if you want assistance because there is noe in your message. Please provide this as a minimum:

1. What version of FS or CFS? FSUIPC + WideFS supports everything from FS98 to Prepar3D. Identifying your simulator is a must!

2. Actual version numbers of FSUIPC and, if relevant, WideServer.DL and WideClient.EXE

3. Log files from FSUIPC (from the FS modules folder) and WideServer (if relevant -- also Modules folder) and WideClient (if relevant).

Before obtaining log files make sure you close everything down -- both FS and WideClient (if relevant).

Pete

Hi Peter and thanks for your very prompt reply.

And what's changed?

Not much in terms of the flight sims but I recently ran into an issue with some Logitech gaming software which caused a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error every time I booted the computer. I have since uninstalled the problem Logitech software and re-installed Visual C++ Runtime to hopefully repair any damage.

I'm afraid I have never heard of either AFSD or FSDAT. Are you sure they are FSUIPC applications?

Yes they are and normally work seamlessly. Both programs allow the user to capture 'real time' data on the aircraft and it's environment during a flight for testing and evaluation purposes. Both can also be used to 'micro-manage' a flight in terms of fuel consumption, mixture readings, true airspeed and a slew of other parameters.

AFSD can be found here: http://www.aero.sors.fr/afsd.html

FSDAT can be found here: http://fsdat.software.informer.com/

Also, are you talking about a problem with WideFS connection or direct with FSUIPC. Your report is ambiguous.

The issue is with FSUIPC as I don't have WideFS installed.

Anyway, I need actual information if you want assistance because there is noe in your message. Please provide this as a minimum:

1. What version of FS or CFS? FSUIPC + WideFS supports everything from FS98 to Prepar3D. Identifying your simulator is a must!

As I stated in the first line of my original post I am using FS2004 and FSX (with the Acceleration add-on).

2. Actual version numbers of FSUIPC and, if relevant, WideServer.DL and WideClient.EXE

In FSX I am using FSUIPC v.4.827.

In FS2004 I am using FSUIPC v.3.998

3. Log files from FSUIPC (from the FS modules folder) and WideServer (if relevant -- also Modules folder) and WideClient (if relevant).

Before obtaining log files make sure you close everything down -- both FS and WideClient (if relevant).

Here is my FSX log:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.827 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC4 not user registered

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Running inside FSX on Windows 7

Module base=61000000

203 System time = 12/06/2012 14:18:55

203 FLT path = "C:\Users\Larry\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

234 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

234 FS path = "H:\FSX\"

578 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

578 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

578 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok

578 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

578 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07

2340 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

2340 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

2340 FSUIPC Menu entry added

2372 C:\Users\Larry\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Default.FLT

2372 H:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172\Cessna172SP.AIR

29297 System time = 12/06/2012 14:19:24, Simulator time = 09:52:31 (17:52Z)

29360 Starting everything now ...

30639 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

54616 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 25 secs = 22.4 fps

59421 System time = 12/06/2012 14:19:54, Simulator time = 09:52:55 (17:52Z)

59421 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Average frame rate for running time of 25 secs = 22.4 fps

G3D fix: Passes 9982, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 0, Separate instances 0

Memory managed: 15 Allocs, 15 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

Here is my FS2004 log:

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.998n by Pete Dowson *********

Running on Windows Version 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2

Verifying Certificate for "H:\FS9\MODULES\FSUIPC.dll" now ...

SUCCESS! Signature verifies okay!

Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC not user registered

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=0

50170 System time = 12/06/2012 13:54:28

50170 H:\FS9\

50170 System time = 12/06/2012 13:54:28, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

56816 C:\Users\Larry\Documents\Flight Simulator Files\Default Flight.flt

56847 AIRCRAFT\c172\Cessna172SP.air

65052 C:\Users\Larry\Documents\Flight Simulator Files\UI generated flight.flt

65146 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

66254 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

113257 System time = 12/06/2012 13:55:31, FS2004 time = 13:55:08 (17:55Z)

113257 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 0 Allocs, 1325 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

Edited by Tako_Kichi

***UPDATE***

As stated above I re-installed the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime application and tested to see if AFSD and FSDAT would communicate with FS2004 and FSX and they did not. However, I had not re-booted the computer after re-installing the Runtime. Just out of curiosity I decided to re-boot a few minutes ago and lo and behold AFSD and FSDAT are now both talking to FS2004 and FSX. It looks like the C++ Runtime had been corrupted in some way (probably due to the Logitech issue) and it needed a re-boot to complete it's set-up procedures.

It looks like everything is now sorted Peter and you can put this issue to bed.

p.s. I notice in your info that you are located near to Stoke-on-Trent. I was born, raised and lived for 35 years in Newcastle-under-Lyme before I emigrated to Canada in 1992. I bet we have a few places in common.

Larry

Edited by Tako_Kichi

As stated above I re-installed the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime application and tested to see if AFSD and FSDAT would communicate with FS2004 and FSX and they did not. However, I had not re-booted the computer after re-installing the Runtime. Just out of curiosity I decided to re-boot a few minutes ago and lo and behold AFSD and FSDAT are now both talking to FS2004 and FSX. It looks like the C++ Runtime had been corrupted in some way (probably due to the Logitech issue) and it needed a re-boot to complete it's set-up procedures.

It looks like everything is now sorted Peter and you can put this issue to bed.

Okay. Just for information, FSUIPC doesn't use the run-time, everything it needs is either built-in or shared with FS.

p.s. I notice in your info that you are located near to Stoke-on-Trent. I was born, raised and lived for 35 years in Newcastle-under-Lyme before I emigrated to Canada in 1992. I bet we have a few places in common.

Interesting. i was born in Hillingdon, Middlesex and grew up near Slough, but moved to Kidsgrove (now part of the borough of N-u-L) when I got married, in order to work for English-Electric-Leo computers. That was in 1964. Worked at Copthall House in N-u-L (near the Baths) for years. Been living in Knypersley, near Biddulph, for the last 31 years though, after leaving ICL.. ;-)

At least two colleagues of mine, from English-Electric (by then ICL) emigrated to Canada in the early 80's and we are still in touch with one couple, in Nepean.

Regards

Pete

Okay. Just for information, FSUIPC doesn't use the run-time, everything it needs is either built-in or shared with FS.

Understood, there is a good chance that both AFSD and FSDAT were written in C++ and they could possibly have needed the runtime files. At least they work now.

Interesting. i was born in Hillingdon, Middlesex and grew up near Slough, but moved to Kidsgrove (now part of the borough of N-u-L) when I got married, in order to work for English-Electric-Leo computers. That was in 1964. Worked at Copthall House in N-u-L (near the Baths) for years. Been living in Knypersley, near Biddulph, for the last 31 years though, after leaving ICL.. ;-)

At least two colleagues of mine, from English-Electric (by then ICL) emigrated to Canada in the early 80's and we are still in touch with one couple, in Nepean.

I know both Kidsgrove and Knypersley fairly well and used to frequent Bathpool Park and Knypersley Pool (as well as Rudyard Lake) from time to time. I worked at Newcastle-under-Lyme College for 10 years prior to emigrating. I am now living in Canada's equivalent of Land's End, it's most southern town on the north shore of Lake Erie.