The simFlight Network Forums

FSX Sea Fury and FSUIPC

Hi Pete,

I now use FSUIPC to let my HOTAS joystick control FSX. To a large extent i works perfectly, but I and some others have been having trouble with the new (and excellent) Flying Stations Hawker Sea Fury. The issue is that the aircraft has a custom .dll which controls the engine (to make it realistic.)

However, many fsuipc users (including myself) have had off things happening, we suspect because FSUIPC passes throttle inputs direct to FSX and not to anything else.

The thread which contains all the detail is here: http://z13.invisionfree.com/Flying_Stations/index.php?showtopic=237&st=45entry22017074

Would you be able to suggest a remedy?

Regards

Mike

However, many fsuipc users (including myself) have had off things happening, we suspect because FSUIPC passes throttle inputs direct to FSX and not to anything else.

If FSUIPC is used for throttle calibration then it depends how the throttles are assigned. If they are assigned in FSX, or in FSUIPC but to the FS controls (the default), then it intercepts the throttle controls by asking SimConnect for them, at a higher level, modifies the parameters according to the calibration, then sends them on, via SimConnect, at a lower level. Naturally it cannot send them back at the same high level as that would result in a never ending loop.

If the throttles are assigned "direct to FS calibration" then the higher level intercept is not needed, so only the calibration and lower level transmission to SimConnect occurs. This is more efficient, naturally, but this method does not suit several more advanced add-on aircraft because they then do not see the FS controls. The PMDG add-ons are prime examples.

So, as you can see there are several alternatives and I'm sure one will suit your aircraft. If the aircraft is well behaved with normal uncalibrated throttle inputs there is no reason why the FSUIPC Profile for your aircraft, constructed by the users, cannot simply not have the throttles calibrated in FSUIPC. Assignment should then by either in FSX or in FSUIPC4, but in the latter case to the "axis throttle set" controls, which are the same as those used in FSX assignment. Don't forget FSUIPC allows different settings for different ircraft, selected automatically, so this should present no problems.

If FSUIPC is not being used for calibration then it causes no interference with axes.

Regards

Pete