The simFlight Network Forums

Control axis ratio question

I am using FSX, on a Windows 7 (64 bit) computer, with a registered version of FSUIPC version 4.

My question is can I adjust the ratio speed of the axis controls in FSUIPC? When flying, my aircraft control surfaces move from nutral to full up/down with only very small control inputs. The last 50% of control input does nothing since the flight controls are already at their "stops" so to speak.

I have tried the slider all the way to -12 however it does not change the control movement from being at maximum by 30-40% of control input.

Thank you.

My question is can I adjust the ratio speed of the axis controls in FSUIPC? When flying, my aircraft control surfaces move from nutral to full up/down with only very small control inputs. The last 50% of control input does nothing since the flight controls are already at their "stops" so to speak.

If the axes are working (i.e. sending different vaues) throughout their range of movement, then all you need to do is calibrate, following the numbered steps for calibration in the FSUIPC user guide. There is no need to consider "ratio speed" (I think you mean "sensitivity"?), unkess you want more sensitivity in the central area and less at the extremes, or vice versa. Both the latter changes can be done AFTER calibration, by using the "slopes" facility in FSUIPC calibration. But first you must calibrate correctly to match the range on your axes.

I have tried the slider all the way to -12 however it does not change the control movement from being at maximum by 30-40% of control input.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by this. If you mean you are changing the slope, then DO NOT DO THIS until you have calibrated correctly. With proper calibration the surfaces will not reach maximum deflection until your axis reaches the maximum position you calibrated for that. So either you have not done this, or your hardware is faulty and the INput values are not actually changing beyond a specific point.

Oh, one thing to double check also. If you are assigning in FS you should make sure the sensitivity slider in FS is at maximum (full right) and the null zone at minimum (full left). This is also stated in the User Guide. If these are wrong they will certainly limit your axis ranges. If you assign in FSUIPC these sliders aren't relevant.

Regards

Pete