The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC resetting weather to global automatically

Hiya Pete.. Today was a maintenance day for me and I finally upgraded FSUIPC for Prepar3D and it is doing something it has never done before and I'm having a bit of a time trying to figure out how to stop it. If I run Prepar3D with either ActiveSky, REX, or even FSRealLite and I set the weather to a local preset like "Fair Weather" FSUIPC is automatically reverting it back to custom weather.

The log

50903 Weather Mode now = Theme

51074 Weather Mode now = Global

Sometimes the weather depiction during a land, taking off or in general sometimes isn't exactly what I want so I will go in and set it to a weather theme instead. Before it would always stick with the theme weather and only go back to custom weather when the weather program set new data to Prepar3D.

How do I go about getting FSUIPC to stop resetting the weather back to global?

Thanks Pete!

Bill

I run Prepar3D with either ActiveSky, REX, or even FSRealLite and I set the weather to a local preset like "Fair Weather" FSUIPC is automatically reverting it back to custom weather.

It only does this with ActiveSky when ActiveSky is set to Direct Weather Control (DWC) mode, because, although ActiveSky WILL restore global mode when it next refreshes the weather, that can take minutes and meanwhile the weather goes all wrong because of the mode change -- with disastrous consequences sometimes.

If you want to use the weather dialogues in FSX, or Prepar3D, don't also run AS in DWC mode, or turn it off beforehand. Just terminating AS isn't any good because FSUIPC doesn't really know whether it is still running or not.

FSUIPC certainly doesn't do this for REX or FSRealLite because it isn't told when they are in DWC mode.

Pete

Thanks Pete, and apologies about my grammar in that post.. I was obviously not paying attention to some spelling and grammar with that. :) Glad you understood it.

Yes you are right it doesn't happen with the other two, I realized I had accidentally minimized AS2012 to the systray when I was testing that.. My apologies.

Lastly, can you confirm this is a recent addition you made just for peace of mind. Or did I get lucky that it wasn't doing this with the build I was using before I upgraded? You know how us simmers are, one thing happens that is different from what we are used to and we start freakin out. :mrgreen:

Thanks again sir!

Bill

Edited by Bill Platt

Lastly, can you confirm this is a recent addition you made just for peace of mind.

Yes, very recent. I did it after I was clobbered by a change to tailwind after starting my takeoff roll. I am using Aivalsoft's EFB with its Data Provider set to synchronize the time in FSX to UTC. It seems that sometimes when the scenery refresh is forced by a time change, so is the weather mode. It is something you might not notice in the air with FSUIPC's wind smoothing enabled, and as I say, within minutes AS will have restored Global mode in any case. But I don't have wind smoothing enabled on the ground (so that weather program settings take effect more quickly).

Sorry it came as a surprise. I didn't think anyone would notice!

Regards

Pete