The simFlight Network Forums

lost macros in FS9

I recently rolled back my computer to an earlier restore point. Now FSUIPC is not finding my macro file I spent so much time on. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you lose your files? Have you now installed an out of date version of FSUIPC?

Nothing I know in a normal Windows roll-back will change FSUIPC or the files you've placed in the Modules folder, but if it did delete your macro file I'm afraid I cannot find it for you.

Pete

Thank you for your response. The macro files are still in the folder, and show up in the FSUIPC.INI file. It also is the same version as before the restore point. Other than not finding my macros, the program works fine. If I reinstall FSUIPC saving my macro files and registration key would that possibly work?

Thanks,

Jason Chandler

Edited by jkgmchandler

Thank you for your response. The macro files are still in the folder, and show up in the FSUIPC.INI file. It also is the same version as before the restore point. Other than not finding my macros, the program works fine.

So the macros are in the folder, and listed in the INI file, but, what ... not listed in the assignments dropdowns? Can you explain what you actually mean by them notbeing 'found'?

If I reinstall FSUIPC saving my macro files and registration key would that possibly work?

No. Replacing the same stuff by the same stuff will change nothing. If things are missing but still there then there is obviously a mystery to solve. i need to know now what you actually mean, please. Have you actually tried assigning to any of them, for instance?

Regards

Pete

Yes, when I try to assign a dropdown item to a key stroke none of the mouse macros show up. The default assignments are there to choose from but not mine.

As a test, make a safe copy of the FSUIPC.INI file, then in the original delete the [MacroFiles] section. Run FS and see if the section is regenerated. If it is then show me the macro file you are concerned with, because if the file is recognised the contents must be bad.

Otherwise close FS, and show me the FSUIPC.LOg, the Install log and your current FSUIPC.INI file. You can paste them all into a message here. Make sure FS is closed first.

Pete