The simFlight Network Forums

Offset 0x30D0

According to the documentatiion offset 0x30D0 is "Vertical acceleration in G‘s. This is in double floating point format (FLOAT64)."

With an aircraft on the ground it returns 1226.4665... which I can't relate to anything.

I'm reading it as a 8 byte double using version FSUIPC 3.9.9.9 with FS9.

According to the documentatiion offset 0x30D0 is "Vertical acceleration in G‘s. This is in double floating point format (FLOAT64)."

With an aircraft on the ground it returns 1226.4665... which I can't relate to anything.

I'm reading it as a 8 byte double using version FSUIPC 3.9.9.9 with FS9.

See where it says "FS2k only", and see this confirmed in the two columns on the right of the entry showing "No" for FS2002 and "No" for FS2004? This do actually mean that this offset hasn't been usable since FS2000.

You'd need to use 3168 (or 3068 if you want aircraft-relative axes).

Regards

Pete

Thanks. I'm obviously looking in the wrong place. I can't see the 'No' entries in FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf - where should I be looking?

EDIT:Answer FSUIPC for Programmers.pdf

Does FS no longer provide this information in G units?

Thanks. I'm obviously looking in the wrong place. I can't see the 'No' entries in FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf - where should I be looking?

Even in the FSUIPC4 offsets document (which is for FSUIPC4 not FSUIPC3) it lists that offset as being not operating. The "No's" do appear in the right hand two columns. Take another look!

EDIT:Answer FSUIPC for Programmers.pdf

Yes, that's the base reference. The FSUIPC4 one shows the changes or additions for FSUIPC4 (i.e. for FSX, ESP and P3D).

Does FS no longer provide this information in G units?

Evidently not. But knowing 1 G at Sea Level is 32 ft/sec/sec it isn't a hard conversion. There is also a G force offset somewhere, but i don't think that's so accurate.

Regards

Pete

Even in the FSUIPC4 offsets document (which is for FSUIPC4 not FSUIPC3) it lists that offset as being not operating. The "No's" do appear in the right hand two columns. Take another look!

Regards

Pete

The right hand columns in my FSUIPC4 Offsets Staus.pdf are headed 'FSX Read' and 'FSX Write' and are No-SimC+ and No respectively. I misinterpreted them

I think you meant 0x31C8 rather than 0x3168

The right hand columns in my FSUIPC4 Offsets Staus.pdf are headed 'FSX Read' and 'FSX Write' and are No-SimC+ and No respectively. I misinterpreted them

There's a key to the entries at the front of the document.

I think you meant 0x31C8 rather than 0x3168

Yes, sorry -- mis-type.

Pete