The simFlight Network Forums

TCAS Sqauwk Charlie in third party aircraft

Hi

I have been using ifly 737 for fsx since it was launched and when flying online on IVAO have 3rd party aicraft controls ticked in the Ivap2 config and all has worked well, when I switch on TCAS on the radio panel of aircraft the IVAP swich moves too from standby to on. and the same when I switch back. But just in the last week sometimes it works and mostly it doesn't, The only thing I have changed is to update FSUIPC to the 12 August version 4.84. Has anyone else noticed this problem and can anyone suggest a fix.

Not a major issue now I know its not reliable I check, but the first time, it caught me out and a controller asked why I was not squawking Charlie.

Update 24/8/12 have triedCtrl Fll that switches the IVAP switch so may be the missing link is from ify to FSUIPC hope this extra bit helps

Squawk codes transmit across no problem

many Thanks

Derek

Edited by UKV1197

I have been using ifly 737 for fsx since it was launched and when flying online on IVAO have 3rd party aicraft controls ticked in the Ivap2 config and all has worked well, when I switch on TCAS on the radio panel of aircraft the IVAP swich moves too from standby to on. and the same when I switch back. But just in the last week sometimes it works and mostly it doesn't, The only thing I have changed is to update FSUIPC to the 12 August version 4.84. Has anyone else noticed this problem and can anyone suggest a fix.

I'm afraid I've no idea how you've programmed this now what it really does, so I cannot help. There's nothing built into FSUIPC to handle TCAS switching with IVAP. In fact FSUIPC knows nothing of IVAP and vice versa, so I cann't imagine how FSUIPC is involved.

More information on how you've implemented this?

Pete