The simFlight Network Forums

Triggering magneto State three resets mixture

Hi,

I'm wiring up a rotation switch to act as a magneto switch on my panel. It sends the values 0 through 4 to offset 0x0892, and most of the sequence works. The trouble is, when I moved from stage four to stage three for piston engines, or stage 2 to stage 3 for turbine engines, the mixture resets itself. This means that it is very difficult to use this to fire the engines correctly.

I have tried to set the mixture to full through the appropriate offset right after I change the magneto, but this only causes the magneto change to reset itself instead. Is there some kind of coupling here that I am not aware of? Is it possible to prevent it from changing the mixture?

Thanks for your great support.

Hi,

I'm wiring up a rotation switch to act as a magneto switch on my panel. It sends the values 0 through 4 to offset 0x0892, and most of the sequence works. The trouble is, when I moved from stage four to stage three for piston engines, or stage 2 to stage 3 for turbine engines, the mixture resets itself. This means that it is very difficult to use this to fire the engines correctly.

There's nothing in FSUIPC which touches the mixture when you use that offset. I think you must have somethng else going on as well. Use FSUIPC logging to work it out. Show me the log if you don't understand it.

BTW, you should always state the version of FS (FS9, FSX, P3D, FS2002, earlier?) and the version number of FSUIPC.

I have tried to set the mixture to full through the appropriate offset right after I change the magneto, but this only causes the magneto change to reset itself instead. Is there some kind of coupling here that I am not aware of? Is it possible to prevent it from changing the mixture?

There's no relationship between them in FSUIPC. Are you sure you are only writing 2 bytes (16-bit words) to the 0890 and 0892 offsets? Log IPC writes and FS events. A common error is using the wrong variable type or size.

Pete