Hi Pete,

I have two interface cards for my overhead,

1 fds sys4x inputs and outputs

1 leo bodnar bu0836x inputs

I run fsx

fsuipc 4.84

iflypro (737)

Both cards are programmed to use the offsets from ifly2fsuipc

The problem im having is when i program any switch in the bodnar card it turns off my ram full door open lights and

auto fail light programmed on the fds card.

Perhaps fsuipc could help me locate why a switch on bodnar card turns leds off on fds card.

Thank You

Steve

I moved this from the FAQ subforum to the Support forum, which is where Support is provided.

I have two interface cards for my overhead,

1 fds sys4x inputs and outputs

1 leo bodnar bu0836x inputs

I run fsx

fsuipc 4.84

That's out of date. Current is 4.852.

Both cards are programmed to use the offsets from ifly2fsuipc

The problem im having is when i program any switch in the bodnar card it turns off my ram full door open lights and

auto fail light programmed on the fds card.

Sounds like either you've programmed it twice or there's a problem with "ifly2fsuipc".

Perhaps fsuipc could help me locate why a switch on bodnar card turns leds off on fds card.

If you know the offsets then just monitor them using the Monitor facility on the Logging tab. Though it won't be able to tell you why. Enable event logging too.

Pete

Version is 4.852 my error.

Definately not programmed twice as i have only have the one switch wired now to the bodnar card.

Yes i know the offsets,

On the fds monitoring interface the offsets change to 0 when the switch is activated.

Will event logging tell me anything else?

Wierd thing it only happens with the bodnar card, if i run the fds card alone the lights ram door stay on as they should.

Ifly are checking offset but cant reproduce my issue.

Thanks

Steve

Definately not programmed twice as i have only have the one switch wired now to the bodnar card.

I don't follow your logic there. Button programming in in FS or in FSUIPC. Wires have nothing much to do with it. By programmed I mean software, not hardware.

Yes i know the offsets,

On the fds monitoring interface the offsets change to 0 when the switch is activated.

And should they? Sorry, I don't have enough information. I was assuming you knew which offsets should be changing and what they did. I don't know anythng about iFly or iFly2FSUIPC

Will event logging tell me anything else?

Probably not if the iFly aircraft doesn't use any FS controls, no. But I don't know what it uses. I was only suggesting the tools you might use in FSUIPC, as you asked.

Wierd thing it only happens with the bodnar card, if i run the fds card alone the lights ram door stay on as they should.

This is what makes me think it is programmed twice. Don't forget the Bodnar boards are recognised in both FSUIPC and in FS as joystick devices. FS makes automatic assignments for newly connected joystick devices, unless you've disabled controllers in it. Or it may simply be that you've left one of the buttons programmed in fSUIPC -- maybe from a previous joystick attachment and this Bodnar board is taking the same ID number.

Maybe the FDS card isn't recognised as a joystick device? I don't know those. It would have a different iD number if it is, in any case.

Pete

Ok problem seems to be resolved by changing the type to 'offset word set', it was 'offset dword set'

Ah, that's one of the more usual errors when writing to offsets -- using the wrong size (DWORD is 4 bytes, WORD is 2 bytes). I might have suggested checking the sizes if I'd realised you were actually programming the offsets. I thought that was handled by that "ifly2fsuipc" program.

Regards

Pete