The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC keep hanging on startup - tried ALOT

my FSUIPC can't start on my new install. it has worked always without any problem - but now it wont start. I have sp1 and 2 installed and i try some of the stuff stated in the FAQ - but it keeps hanging.

Any clue?

Sorry, no, no clue at all without more information, like:

Why do you think it is FSUIPC hanging?

Are you sure it is hanging and not crashing. You have no error message, and have to terminate via the Task Manager?

What exactly happens -- where does it "hang" (i.e. what stage -- on load with splash screen, when you fly, or some other time?

If it's a crash, what message do you get? Find the Windows error log entry and provide the details.

What version of FSUIPC? If not 4.852, try that first. That is the currently supported version.

Have you tried using the FSUIPC4 loader as suggested in the installation document?

Is there an FSUIPC4 log file? If so, please paste it into your message.

If there is no Log produced, it is a SimConnect problem. If you are using nVidia surround mode you need to change video drivers.

Pete

1. It comes up with the message: "Flight sim detected a problem ..... name: FUIPC4.DLL etc etc." - and when i disable fsuipc - then fsx starts fine.

2. it's hanging yes - i even tried to let it "be" for 2 minutes

3. version is 4.8.5.2

4. yes, loader is tested but without luck

5. no log is shown.

6. surround mode is used!! :/ Should i change it to another video driver version - i use latest beta - could it be that?

Ok now i reverted back to version 301.42 of the nvidia driver - now fsuipc works - strange, but good :)

Why wont fsuipc work with the latest beta-versions?

It isn't really FSUIPC not working -- it isn't even being loaded. It's some clash in FSX. And you'll need to ask Ask nVidia. It's very evidently their bug!

Pete