The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.99 and Vistamare

I discovered after some trial and error that FSUIPC is disrupting the sound from my various Vistamare powered sceneries - entirely shutting it off in many cases and disturbing its playback in other cases. Would it be possible to get this fixed in a newer version? In the meantime, I am experimenting with older versions in hopes they do not cause the same issues.

I discovered after some trial and error that FSUIPC is disrupting the sound from my various Vistamare powered sceneries - entirely shutting it off in many cases and disturbing its playback in other cases. Would it be possible to get this fixed in a newer version? In the meantime, I am experimenting with older versions in hopes they do not cause the same issues.

FSUIPC itself never touches the sound. It does offer sound facilities via Lua plug0ins, but nothing else. You need to look elsewhere.

Pete

Well, that is what I thought was true about FSUIPC - that there could be no way in which it could be related. It was the last thing I tried... and that undoubtedly was the culprit.

Version 3.75 is working ok for me, though. So also is version 3.999w. Perhaps there was some bug that was fixed after 3.998g that restored normal functionality? (It was 3.998g that was causing the interference.)

Anyway - all is good now. I posted here as I was unaware given the info on the schiratti site that FSUIPC has been updated so frequently - and using the latest version posted on this forum, the problem was resolved. The version on the website, though, is still 3.998g - which was causing the problem.

The version on the website, though, is still 3.998g - which was causing the problem.

Which website is that? The only two sources of FSUIPC should be here, in the Download Links subforum, and the Schiratti page, which says it links to 3.999s but actually gets 3.999w. (I can change what the links obtain, as they point here, but not the text which only Mr. Schiratti changes. I'll remind him to update it, but it is never instant.

So, I'd like to know where you are seeing 3.999g please! There should be nowhere you can get anything before 3.999w.

Pete