The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and Pm Sounds- Reverse Thrust offset

Hello everyone

I have a external computer with PM sounds on it. This computer is also connected with 4 Boddyshakers.

PM Sounds works very well. but I wanna add the reverse thrust sound too in the "soundlist.ini"

Im looking for the right offsets.

So I add the name of the sound first which I have already:

reversesound, 0B00, 2, -100

or

reversesound, 088C, 2

And i did try many more, but I`m not very familiar with the offsets anymore.

Can anyone help me out please?

my cockpit: http://b737home.blogspot.ch/

Greets Nils

PM Sounds works very well. but I wanna add the reverse thrust sound too in the "soundlist.ini"

Im looking for the right offsets.

Reverse thrust controlled by throttle is simply a negative throttle value. With turboprops reverse is set by a negative prop setting though.

So I add the name of the sound first which I have already:

reversesound, 0B00, 2, -100

0B00 is a fixed value per aircraft whch gives the lower throttle limit -- 0 for aircraft without reverse thrust (on throttle) and a -ve value for those that have. it canot tell you when reverse is engaged.

reversesound, 088C, 2

088C is the throttle value for engine 1, but it will be >0 for forward thrust and < 0 for negative thrust, idle at 0. I don't know how you deal with that in pmSounds. Tried PM support?

Pete