The simFlight Network Forums

FSX wont start after FSUIPC installed

I've read some threads on this site that address issues around FSUIPC freezing FSX at startup but honestly I don't understand the fix. My problem is this:

I have been using FSX with FSUIPC for severe years with little issue up until recently. I've been away from siming for the past year and just started up again a few days ago. When I started FSX again I got the unknown module - do you trust it warning for FSUIPC which I thought was strange because like I said I've been using it for a while. Anyway I hit yes and the startup screen opens but then 3-5 seconds after the screen freezes and I get the relentless swirling windows icon that eventually leads to a crash. I've tried uninstalling FSUIPC and running FSX and FSX runs fine, when I reinstall FSUIPC using the latest 4.853 module with or without the loader.dll I get the same thing, FSX freezes after the opening screen. I get a .log file but nothing is in it.

Any ideas? I really haven't done anything new since I was running FSX and FSUIPC successfully a year ago, did something change? I have a registration key, does it need to be renewed?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Jim

I've read some threads on this site that address issues around FSUIPC freezing FSX at startup but honestly I don't understand the fix.

The only problem like that is really a SimCommect bug. FSUIPC doesn't even get to run.

when I reinstall FSUIPC using the latest 4.853 module with or without the loader.dll I get the same thing, FSX freezes after the opening screen. I get a .log file but nothing is in it.

you get an FSUIPC4.LOG file and it is empty? I've never ever encountered any such problem as that. The first tihng FSUIPC does after creating a log file is to write its name and version number. nothing else in between. If that's failing such a simple taks I'm afraid you have a real Windows problem.

I really do find this hard to believe. Are you sure the FSUIPC4.LOG file you are looking at is called exactly FSUIPC4.LOG with the date and time of the start of your session and with exactly 0 bytes in size?

I have a registration key, does it need to be renewed?

No.

Pete

Pete, yes I get an empty .log file, I delete it and give it another try and the .log file is back, when I open it it's empty... maybe I need to let the application run longer? I give it 5 minutes or so and lose my patience after that, shouldn't take that long to load should it?

Jim

Pete, yes I get an empty .log file, I delete it and give it another try and the .log file is back, when I open it it's empty... maybe I need to let the application run longer? I give it 5 minutes or so and lose my patience after that, shouldn't take that long to load should it?

I've never ever heard of any problem where an empty log is produced, not in the 14 years of FSUIPC. At present I just don't see how it is possible.

SimConnect loads DLLs, and how long that takes varies. Perhaps you can find your DLL.XML file (in the same folder as your FSX.CFG file) and paste it here so we can see what else SimConnect is doing. The EXE.XML file too if one exists.

You could also get a SimConnect log file so we can see what SimConnect is doing and how far things got. There are instructions for producing one of those in the FAQ subforum.

Pease update the FSUIPC4.DLL itself, in the FS Modules folder, with the latest, 4.858. You'll find it in the Download Links subforum.

Another bit of information would then be useful too. Go to the Windows event logs (just enter event log in the Windows Start search field, then select Windows Logs -- Application, find and highlight the Error entry for FSX, double click it and select "copy", then paste into a message here.

Pete