The simFlight Network Forums

Mixture Set keypress assignment question

I am trying to set the mixture (in a Cessna 208) to 50% on the axis (Saitek throttle quadrant) via a keypress in FSUIPC. I used control: Mixture Set, and parameter upon press: 8168. 8168 is 1/2 of the 0 to 16336 axis range of the mixture axis. I tried to map the key:0 on my keyboard to set the mixture to 50%. The keystroke only worked one time for one press of the key, then never worked again. If I delete the key assignment, restart FSX, and reassign the same keypress again, it does the same. Works one time only, then never again.

I am confused as to how exactly to use the Set commands (Mixture Set, Throttle Set, etc., etc.) via the Keypress utility in FSUIPC. I am pretty sure there is a parameter on key release which I have to set but i do not know what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

***Hmm, I seem to have answered my own question here, I fiddled with it and eventually tried: using 8168 as the key press parameter, and 8167 as the key release parameter for the Mixture Set control. This had the effect of basically making the '0' key set my condition lever in the Cessna 208 to around 50%... Eureka!! ....

Edited by Gabriel Serlenga

• 3 weeks later...

***Hmm, I seem to have answered my own question here, I fiddled with it and eventually tried: using 8168 as the key press parameter, and 8167 as the key release parameter for the Mixture Set control. This had the effect of basically making the '0' key set my condition lever in the Cessna 208 to around 50%... Eureka!! ....

Hmm. No idea why you had to do that. Must be something odd to do with the specific aircraft implementation?

Pete