The simFlight Network Forums

Can FSUIPC close flight (FS9 in this case)

HI All,

I need to close FS9 with a programme (im using vb .net).

I would like to progamaticcaly close FS9 (i.e. do the action of file -> exit).

After this action, a message comes up asking are you sure? (Yes - No).

The Yes - No window is a new window (Seems to be a seperate window to the FS9 window).

Can any one provide any help on this?

Thanks in advanced

The FS control "EXIT" does this, as does CTRL+C, and of course, closing the Window using the normal close button, top right. You can send any of these to FS to close it down. In fact you can simply get its Window handle and send it a "WM_CLOSE" message. That works with any program. You don't need FSUIPC for any of this.

The confirmation "Are You Sure" will still occur unless you change that FS option.

Pete

HI Pete,

Thanks great, thanks very much.

On a slightly different note! I am trying to ready when FS is ready (i.e. after the scenery has been loaded!)

I am reading the offset &H3364 but this gives me that FS is ready before the scenery has finished loading!

Is there an offset I can read that will tell me that FS is ready and scenery has been loaded??

Thanks again

On a slightly different note! I am trying to ready when FS is ready (i.e. after the scenery has been loaded!)

I am reading the offset &H3364 but this gives me that FS is ready before the scenery has finished loading!

Is there an offset I can read that will tell me that FS is ready and scenery has been loaded??

Are you checking the 16-bit word at 3364 for zero? This is the only way to do what you wish, I know of no other, and all of my other modules and add-ons use this exclusively. I don't know why you are getting any different results?

Pete