The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC crashing with Window 8

I Fly Air Hauler and Installed Windows 8. I flew with no problem for 2 days and then I started getting messages from FSX that FSUIPC was a third party software that was corrupt. I removed FSUIPC from the module

and downloaded FSUIPC 4.8 and It did the same thing. It also said that I needed to replace FSX gauge. Pete I'm lost.. is it me or Windows 8?

I Fly Air Hauler and Installed Windows 8. I flew with no problem for 2 days and then I started getting messages from FSX that FSUIPC was a third party software that was corrupt. I removed FSUIPC from the module and downloaded FSUIPC 4.8 and It did the same thing.

If the DLL was corrupt, it would not run. It would fail its signature check and that would be the error you would get. Replacing the FSUIPC4.DLL with the FSUIPC4.DLL can do nothing. But version 4.8 is out of date in any case and not supported. The earliest supported version is 4.853. Do not use any earlier version.

Please see the FAQ subforum threads about FSUIPC4 not running for information about the SimConnect bug which can stop FSUIPC4 and some other add-ons from running.

If you want further help on this I would need to see the Windows event log details relating to the crash, and the FSUIPC4 log if one is produced (usually this error means FSUIPC4 is not even being loaded, so if that is the case there will be no Log file produced).

It also said that I needed to replace FSX gauge.

Ah. In that case it does sound like your FSX installation is corrupted, or you have installed something which is not compatible.

Pete I'm lost.. is it me or Windows 8?

Are you faulty? ;-) I shouldn't think so! But something in your setup might be. I couldn't say about Windows 8. I know there is nothing of mine which will have any trouble with Windows 8, but there may be some hardware drivers which may not be available yet, or which appear to work but really do need some changes. All of my software uses standard user-level interfaces which have not changed.

Regards

Pete