The simFlight Network Forums

No ini file created help!!!

Help please I have had FSUIPC running in my motion platform for over a year now with Ians software . I bought and installed Fly-elise curved screen software and had a few bugs had to reinstall it several times but got it working .now when i run FSX i get the "do you want to run the software (not recommended) box and FSX shuts down.

I have done all the checks I have found in the forums. I imported the trusted publishers simflight GMbh , it was not there but is now . Seems I cannot create a ini file to try to chang the timing. I have all files and folders hiden and extensions unchecked. everything shows up but the ini file?

Help I have a nice curved screen and a $5000.00 platform that cant move without FSUIPC.

Thank you

Attached is the log and DLL.XML

nstaller for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.853

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

... >>> OK! FOUND FSX! <<< ...

Looking in registry for ESP install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ESP

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for Prepar3D install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D

Parameter"SetupPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Prepar3D

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

SetupPath="F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original)

Found SimConnect build 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.853 found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

(for FSUIPC4, without Loader)

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Users\Paul\Application Data\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Paul\Contacts\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Paul\Cookies\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Paul\Desktop\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Paul\Documents\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Paul\Downloads\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Paul\Favorites\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Paul\Links\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Paul\Local Settings\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Paul\Music\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Paul\My Documents\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Paul\NetHood\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Paul\Pictures\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Paul\PrintHood\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Paul\Recent\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Paul\Saved Games\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Paul\Searches\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Paul\SendTo\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Paul\Start Menu\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Paul\Templates\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Paul\Videos\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder already exists.

Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" okay

Installed "LuaFileSystem.pdf" okay

Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay

Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 737NGX.pdf" okay

FSUIPC4.DLL installed and signature checked out okay!

Deleted GlobalSign Root fix program ... no longer relevant

===========================================================

All installer tasks completed.

Registration for FSUIPC4 was successful! (result code 00)

*************** End of Install Log ***************

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Help please I have had FSUIPC running in my motion platform for over a year now with Ians software . I bought and installed Fly-elise curved screen software and had a few bugs had to reinstall it several times but got it working .now when i run FSX i get the "do you want to run the software (not recommended) box and FSX shuts down.

What software? Sorry, I'm confused. What's "Ians software" and "Fly-elise"? I'm not seeing how these things relate to FSUIPC?

I have done all the checks I have found in the forums. I imported the trusted publishers simflight GMbh , it was not there but is now . Seems I cannot create a ini file to try to chang the timing. I have all files and folders hiden and extensions unchecked. everything shows up but the ini file?

Change what timing? If you are referring ot FSUIPC4.INI, that is always created, if it doesn't already exist, when FSUIPC runs. Same with the LOG file. If neither are there then FSUIPC is never being loaded. The problem lies either with SimConnect in FSX or with a corrupted DLL.XML file.

Help I have a nice curved screen and a $5000.00 platform that cant move without FSUIPC.

Why's that? What motion platform system uses FSUIPC? I've never been asked to license such a thing that i recall.

Pete

The curved screen software that warps a image I had issues with it at first but now it works fine but I had to uninstall it several times before i got it to work.Seems after all that fussing aroung FSUIPC now has issues.( dont know if its just a coincident?) Ians buggies built for fun software and his electronics require your FSUIPC to read the information from fsx. works fantastic.This is a homebuilt motion platfom 3DOF. I have 100s of hrs of problem free time in it. just now arggg! I dont know what happened.

The timing im refering to is in your help file regarding competing Simconnect clients. (InitDelay=0-120) Like I mentioned before I have no ini file ?

I will check on simconnect, not sure how, but do you think maybe reinstalling service pak 1,2 would fix the issue?

Thanks for respondimg so quickly.

The timing im refering to is in your help file regarding competing Simconnect clients. (InitDelay=0-120)

That's only there to help with loading conflicts with other add-on DLLs and EXEs. in the DLL.XML or EXE.XML files. I don't know of any at present. If FSUIPC is not even being loaded then obviously such a parameter cannot even be read.

Like I mentioned before I have no ini file ?

If there is no INI file in the FSX Modules folder then FSUIPC has never even run. Did you delete the previous INI file?

I will check on simconnect, not sure how, but do you think maybe reinstalling service pak 1,2 would fix the issue?

Possibly, though only the sP2 version of Simconnect would be relevant.

Please see the FAQ thread about problems with FSUIPC not being loaded. It is almost always a timing issue between Smconnect and the Windows trust subsystem. It only affects a few systems, but it is annoying. Microsoft never managed to fix it.

Regards

Pete

ok so I had some time to play around again and tried everything that i could find and no help, still comes up "Do you want to trust the software", So I spent all weekend - unistalled FSX reinstalled it and same thing cant run FSUIPC. What should I do ? I really dont want to format my computer just beause of fsuipc ,I cant believe it all the software I have reinstall, but im back to square 1. I must have some registry issue?

Any suggestions?

ok so I had some time to play around again and tried everything that i could find and no help, still comes up "Do you want to trust the software", So I spent all weekend - unistalled FSX reinstalled it and same thing cant run FSUIPC. What should I do ? I really dont want to format my computer just beause of fsuipc ,I cant believe it all the software I have reinstall, but im back to square 1. I must have some registry issue?

Any suggestions?

If you are only getting the prompt asking you if you want to trust the software, just say yes. That isn't a real problem.

If you really mean the crash where Windows says FSX has a problem then all i know is embodied in that FAQ thread. And so far, on most if not all systems I've been told about, persistence pays off. Once you get past that things are okay.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had no luck getting it running so I formatted the F drive new Icore 7 and motherboard -ram reinstalled FSX on the F SSD drive and everything is working like it should. I figuered if I have to do FSX all over again time for a hardware upgrade and what a difference a Icore 7 makes and the SSD drive hitting in 3D 50-60 fps.

Thanks for all your help Pete and work making things like my platform a success.

link to you tube video of my platform.

link to you tube video of my platform.

Interesting video to watch, but shouldn't the motions be based on accelerations? It looks as if it is working on the rotation of the stick/control surfaces instead. Is that right? In other words, once you're in a bank (for example) it seems to keep you banked. Shouldn't that "wash out" slowly (so you don't feekl it) back to horizontal so it's ready for the next acceleration?

Regards

Pete

yes it moves with cues from the flight sim not joystick , it does have washout , 5 seconds to center itself.

Ah, okay. I didn't manage to work that out when watching the video.

I did have a chance to put my PFC 737NG cockpit on small pistons, the type which only move up and down 2 or 3 inches. It would have needed 6 or 8 working in harmony. But the problem is that my cockpit is in an upstairs room on wooden floorboards. The joists are quite big and very strong, but the cockpit weights nearly 3/4ths of a ton already, and moving it up and down could double that! Additionally the extra height it would have entailed and the fact that my outside view is a 10 foot wide projection screen would have meant a complete re-think of the visuals!

I gave up on the idea! ;-)

Regards

Pete

Oh I know about the room hog a platfom can be so does my wife!. you dont need a lot of movement to give you a sense of whats going on. At first I had 18" of travel now im down to 9"

Do you have a curved screen? it really adds to the effect. Myself and my freinds who tried my sim say that too, i think because you now see things move past your eyes giving you a sense of speed. but of coarse more projectors video card .........and$$$$$. But this a been a 3 year project for me so a little more every year sneak into the shop.....and look honey ,see how much better it is!

For me it was first getting the visual, I started with a 8ft screen in 3d and if I could not get a good size screen I was not going to do this but now it evolved into more than what i planned on so its all good.( according to me, wife...mmm not so much.)

We gotta have toys.

Do you have a curved screen? it really adds to the effect. Myself and my freinds who tried my sim say that too, i think because you now see things move past your eyes giving you a sense of speed. but of coarse more projectors video card

No, only the flat 10 foot wide screen at about 5 feet in front of me, seen through the (glassless) cockpit windows. In fact, because i have severe tunnel vision (from the Retinitis Pigmentosa which stopped my real flying ambitions in the first place) adding more view to the sides wouldn't add anything to the effect for me. It would be useful when taxiing or on visual base legs -- for that sort of side view I use a pair of rocker switches on the yoke (in place of the 737's "flight number reminder gadget") with 4 view angles selected with smooth motion via EZDOC. Not realistic at all, but workable. The hat release returns the normal view, so it's never held long with any risk of confusion. ;-)

Regards

Pete