The simFlight Network Forums

Windows 8 Pro FSUIPC

Hi Peter,

Recently I update my OS from Windows 7 Ultimate 64 to Windows 8 Pro 64. I've been downloaded your latest FSUIPC4 version 4.853. When I try to run FSX in C:\FSX ( As you recommend ) the FSX gives me a message like that :

---------------------------

Error

Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on):

Name: FSUIPC4 DLL: FS new universal IPC interface

Version: 4.853

Company: Peter L. Dowson

File: Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

Do you want to run this software (not recommended)?

To avoid seeing this message in the future, uninstall this program or disable its ability to start when running Flight Simulator. For more information about third-party programs, contact the publisher or see http:\www.fsinsider.com.

Yes No

Well.... If a choose Yes The FSX doesn't load if a choose No the FSX load but without FSX .

What can I do to get around that.

Thanks,

From Brasil, Marco Aurelio

Recently I update my OS from Windows 7 Ultimate 64 to Windows 8 Pro 64. I've been downloaded your latest FSUIPC4 version 4.853. When I try to run FSX in C:\FSX ( As you recommend ) the FSX gives me a message like that :

What can I do to get around that.

You are unfortunate to experience the SimConnect trust bug. Please see the thread "

FSX fails to run after FSUIPC4 first installed" in the FAQ subforum.

Regards

Pete

Susscess!

Used the below advice from above link:-

NEW! With effect from version 4.85 of FSUIPC, a small DLL called FSUIPC4_Loader is supplied inside the main downloaded ZIP file. If you place this into the FS Modules folder and re-run the FSUIPC4 installer, then the Loader will be loaded by SimConnect instead of FSUIPC4 directly, and that Loader will load FSUIPC4 itself after a few seconds. This should help get over the SimConnect bug more conveniently. There are no ill effects from using the Loader, it is an optional extra

Well - just when we thought all was well:

After having had succes for a while flying on line with FSX also in Windows 8, I was faced this morning with the problem mentioned above, i.e. problems with FSUIPC4 when starting FSX. Yesterday, I had errors shutting down FSX after about twenty minutes of flying on line with SquawkBox on Vatsim. No mentioning of either SquawkBox or FSUIPC4. And today FSX wouldn't even load.

So I followed the instructions regarding placing FSUIPC4_loader.dll in Modules and reinstalling FSUIPC4. After that FSX load was OK. But now FSX will shut down after a minute or five, after being on line with SquawkBox.

Just now I loaded a new FSX session. FSX started OK. I waited a couple of minutes, and there was no shut down. Then evoked IvAp instead. IvAp started OK, and when I had connected on line and filed the plan for the flight FSX told me that it is sorry but has to shut down, and it will tell me whats wrong if it can. Sofar FSX has not been able to tell what's wrong any of the times. Nor has Windows8.

The install log for FSUIPC4 reads - I'll paste the end of it here:

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... No previous valid version found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Users\Tommy\AppData\Roaming"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Users\All Users\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Default User\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Public\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Tommy\AppData\Roaming"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Users\Tommy\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4_Loader section already exists but will be replaced.

(with FSUIPC4_Loader entry)

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... There is a SimConnect.XML, checking for "local" section.

... "local" section already exists, file not modified.

"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder created okay!

Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" okay

Installed "LuaFileSystem.pdf" okay

Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay

Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 737NGX.pdf" okay

FSUIPC4.DLL installed and signature checked out okay!

Deleted GlobalSign Root fix program ... no longer relevant

===========================================================

All installer tasks completed.

*************** End of Install Log ***************

I do hope that there is a way to get FSX to work in Windows8, both on VATSIM and on IVAO.

Regards,

Tommy

I do hope that there is a way to get FSX to work in Windows8, both on VATSIM and on IVAO.

I'm sorry, but I don't see anything in what you said which relates to FSUIPC4. It looks like it is all to do with VSATSIM or IVAO. None of the on-line flying applications even use FSUIPC, and FSUIPC has nothing to do with any internet connection. I think you need to go to support for Squawkbox oe Ivap. Since the problem is common to both it sounds like it could be a problem with your internet setup for Win8.

For details of the actual crash, pointing to the responsible module, check the Windows event logs.

Regards

Pete

Pete -

thanks for your time and concern. I have to admit that although many have pointed out the hazards with addons I seem to be in too much of a hurry to respect these warnings.

After your messages above I thought I chance on uninstalling an aircraft addon - FS9 twisted for FSX with warnings added in textfiles - and se what happened. And there wasn't any sign of problems with either FSX, SquawkBox or FSUIPC4. Or Win 8 for that matter. I have installed other freeware addon aircraft and scenery that were modified from FS9 to FSX and not had similar problems.

So "Case closed" on this subject. But I can mention that my problems seem to have come from a Mike Stone ATR 72-500 in National livery that was converted - and which was supplied with an installer. The download file entitled nlatr72x.zip. So be careful out there.

Thanks again, Pete!

Tommy