The simFlight Network Forums

Offset 0BC0

Hi:

I would like to use the Offset 0BC0 that is for use to elevator Trim Control....My potentiometer give me values from 0530 to 3ad0 Hexadecimal....

Question: I need to convert first the hexadecimal value for decimal and then multiply for 65532, and send?

If possible, please, tell me the way to do this ok?

THanks

Manuel Sacramento

I would like to use the Offset 0BC0 that is for use to elevator Trim Control....My potentiometer give me values from 0530 to 3ad0 Hexadecimal....

Question: I need to convert first the hexadecimal value for decimal and then multiply for 65532, and send?

How is your potentiometer connected? Can it be seen as an Axis is FS or FSUIPC's assignments? If so, just assign it and calibrate it.

Anyway, rather than mess about trying to pre-scale it to write direct to the FS trim (0BC0), write the raw value itself directly to the 16-bit word at offset 3BBE. The value can then be seen in FSUIPC's axis assignments tab as one on a joystick, and you can assign and calibrate as normal.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete:

Thanks for your reply...

The potentiometer are connected to an electronic board, and he can not see as an AXIS, that's because i thought in use the 0BC0 offset...

I could try your sugestion, that sounds more easy for me, via programming, but for user, required a little more knowledge to calibrate etc etc...already now, have you a offset that could i setup the trottle of PM, via axis assignement's on FSUIPC?

Anyway, just for my knowlodge, can you tell me, in case of Offset 0BC0, the values that we must enter?

Thanks

I could try your sugestion, that sounds more easy for me, via programming, but for user, required a little more knowledge to calibrate etc etc

Really the user should always be able to calibrate. The readouts from potentiometers are never fixed -- they vary with age, temperature and voltage. With user calibration he can also choose the response curve to suit him, with more or less sesitivity in different areas. I think it is far better than having a fixed input which might not suit all aircraft -- don't forget the calibration can be aircraft or profile specific.

..already now, have you a offset that could i setup the trottle of PM, via axis assignement's on FSUIPC?

PM doesn't have its own throttle offset. PM is an instrumentation system. Flight control inputs are standard.

If you look at the range of offsets from 3BA8 you will see you can input many axes there.

Anyway, just for my knowlodge, can you tell me, in case of Offset 0BC0, the values that we must enter?

Please refer to the offsets list, where it tells you.

Regards

Pete

Just yet the offset 0BC0, that's only that i would like to know it's the format to enter the values! Because you just teel in the offset the range -16383 and +16383, but the way to enter the values is: *360/65536?

The value, in decimal, is -16383 to +16383. What else is it you need to know? Why on Earth do you mention *360/65536? That's the conversion factor for FS's degrees, for directions like heading. The trim axis is not controlled in degrees.

Please, why don't you believe what the document tells you? No one else has been so determined that it is wrong before. It works perfectly well with the normal full axis range!

Pete

HI:

I do not know why people get upset by asking questions that have nothing to do with knowing more than the other or do not trust what the documents say, but doubts that are simply questions, and we try try but not we can't and we need help!

Resuming will doubt, I think that still did not understand my question then to be jumping to conclusions, but is ready to again!

Thanks anyway

I do not know why people get upset by asking questions ...

Who's upset? You? I am not. I only fail to understand why the answer in the document isn't acceptable to you.

Of course, folks also do assume that I have nothing to do all day but answer questions. I actually put information into the documents to avoid having to answer so many. If you do have a sensible question, and not one that is so easily answered in the document as that one certainly was, please do state it. But really there is nothing more to say about offset 0BC0. it is really that simple, just the full 16 bit signed value for the trim -- the same in fact as a properly assigned and calibrated axis control would provide.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete:

Yes i respect your time, and i know, you must have a lot off thinks to do that answear questions, i know that, and if you see i have in this all forum 24 posts, that's because, before i post a post, i search for the subject i would like, and believe me it's very hard for me bother persons, but when i don't have more resources i need to post...

Ok let's leave this subject and let me test again with the offset you had send me....

Thanks and accept my apologies