The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC, CH Products or P3D problem?

Hi

I have the Fighterstick and the Eclipse yoke from CH Products.

When I am starting P3D the throttle is always full on and the elevator is in full down position.

After a small movement of the throttle it is all OK. Also with the elevator.

The elevator sometimes behaves strangely. When I pull the stick back, the elevator suddenly falls from the upper to the lower position.

And when I restart P3D, sometimes its all OK, sometimes not. icon_confused.gif

Is this a problem from CH Products or from the settings in P3D? Or is it a problem in interaction of all? Or only a configuration problem of FSUIPC?

Ralf

I have the Fighterstick and the Eclipse yoke from CH Products.

When I am starting P3D the throttle is always full on and the elevator is in full down position.

After a small movement of the throttle it is all OK. Also with the elevator.

Sounds like they are falling asleep. Check that you have Windows power management turned off for all USB hubs in the Device Manager.

In any case it is good practice to start off by waggling all controls Aand checking they are operating correctly.

The elevator sometimes behaves strangely. When I pull the stick back, the elevator suddenly falls from the upper to the lower position.

You either have a bad connection, a faulty or dirty device, or possibly a conflicting assignment which is interfering.

Is this a problem from CH Products or from the settings in P3D? Or is it a problem in interaction of all? Or only a configuration problem of FSUIPC?

You don't even say you are using FSUIPC. If you want me to help with FSUIPC you need to state the version number, and tell me how you are assigning and calibrating.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

I'm using FSUIPC v4.853, Prepar3d 1.4 and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

I was flying 30 minutes before a little bit VFR. The problem appears only immediately after startup of P3D. After a little rudder, breakes and throttle movement. It's all OK.

The stick, yoke and pedals are calibrated in the CH Control Manager, NOT in FSUIPC.

Regards

Ralf

Edited by LuxRalf

With my USB power management is all OK.

The BIG problem is the elevator! When I'm flying it's possible that the elevator is suddenly falling in full down position. That's NOT funny :sad:

Also the throttle and rudder: When I start P3D the throttle is full on and I have to give some thrust and then immediately back to idle; the rudder is directly after the P3D start in full left position. So I am driving around with full thrust if I'm not careful.

Regards

Ralf

The BIG problem is the elevator! When I'm flying it's possible that the elevator is suddenly falling in full down position. That's NOT funny :sad:

That certainly sounds very much like a connection problem, a broken wire maybe. But also check for conflicting assignments.

I'm afraid none of your problems have anything to do with any of my software and I really don't think any of it can help. You may need to contact CH. Or maybe stop using CH control manager. Again, as I said before, I don't know why you are posting here in the first place. It might be different if you were actually using my software. You are rather wasting your effort posting here as it is.

Regards

Pete