The simFlight Network Forums

FSuipc with saitek panel work on Prosim737?

Hello to all,

I'm testing the *prosim737 software and I would like to know if it is possible to configure the saitek multi panel and switch panel to work with Prosim737? Will FSuipc4 make that possible? If yes, can I achieve that easily or I need help?

thanks in advance

Diogo

I'm testing the *prosim737 software and I would like to know if it is possible to configure the saitek multi panel and switch panel to work with Prosim737? Will FSuipc4 make that possible? If yes, can I achieve that easily or I need help?

Sorry, i don't know ProSim nor those Saitek devices. If the latter have buttons and switches which are visible in FS and FSUIPC (i.e. they act like normal USB joystick devices), and if ProSim can operate with switches programmed to do things to it, possibly directly or possibly via FSUIPC offsets, then I would imagine the answer would be 'yes'. But these are probably questions more for the ProSim forum, if there is one, and maybe the Saitek support forum.

[LATER]

Sorry, but I deleted a duplicate posting from you in the User Contributions subforum. Maybe I shouldn't have, as possibly the poster of the thread entitled Programming of the Saitek Pro Flight Panels with FSUIPC and LUA could have helped -- though I doubt it if he is not a ProSim user.

However, seeing that Contribution I suspect the answer to my first postulation above is 'no' -- that those devices don't look like standard joystick button devices. So you'd presumably need the Lua methods described there, plus knowledge of how to drive whatever features you need to drive in ProSim. If the latter is operated solely via defined FSUIPC offsets then you'd need the Lua input from the devices decoded, and resulting in appropriate offset writes (Lua functions such as ipc.writeUB and ipc.writeUW et cetera).

If this is the way you need to go, check some examples of Lua plug-ins and feel free to ask specific questions about that side of things. But you'll need to find out what needs to be done on the ProSim side first.

Regards

Pete