The simFlight Network Forums

ase2012 and widefs config.xml

question with info typed into widefs config

Im running 3 computers for now.

#1comp (MAIN) 2 monitors(front view & panel);

fsx deluxe, wideview, wide traffic, fsuipc4, Linda, ut2, ase2012(not running). rex (not running)

#2 comp 1 monitor: (left front outside view)

fsx deluxe, wideview, wide traffic, fscuip4, ut2. ase2012(not running) rex(not running)

#3 comp.(NO FSX) 1 monitor:

widefs7, wideclient, ase 2012, EFB (electronic flight bag, radar contact. ASE 2012 (Running)

the question i have is in widefs7 i think it is,you set in the config.ini the address port ect to the server comp. wich would be my #1 comp. now since im running fsx on my second comp for wideview,and its considerd client to the main comp for wideview would i or should i add that address also in my 3rd comp.widefs config or simmconnect (forget which one) so "ASE2012" can also talk to 2nd computer for weather? or will it automaticaly? or will the main comp relay the weather automaticly ? now im confusing my self sorry. hope this makes sence. trying to run ase on 1 computer (no fsx) and relaying weather to both of the others running fsx and wideview. do bothe other comp addresses need to be added to simconnect xml or just the main one. thanks

the question i have is in widefs7 i think it is,you set in the config.ini the address port ect to the server comp. wich would be my #1 comp. now since im running fsx on my second comp for wideview,and its considerd client to the main comp for wideview would i or should i add that address also in my 3rd comp.widefs config or simmconnect (forget which one) so "ASE2012" can also talk to 2nd computer for weather?

WideFS is only used by FSUIPC applications. It isn't involved in AS2012's interactions. WideClient can only talk to one server, the one which you want Radar Contact dealing with. And this can be set in the Wideclient.INI file if you don't have it automatically connecting.

AS2012 will talk to the one you address in the client SimConnect.cfg file. I don't know if WidevieW synchronises the weather for its clients -- you need to check. I suspect that if you want AS2012 to suppliy weather to two FSX PCs you'll need to run two copies of AS2012. But I doubt that can guarantee precise weather synchronisation.

Really, I think you need to ask WidevieW support about weather synchronisation. I'm afraid I don't know it.

Regards

Pete