The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Feature Request - Traffic Density Toggle (Reversed)

Hi Pete,

If I can be so bold, can I request I slight variation of the current Traffic Density Set/Toggle feature/assignements? If I recall correctly, the current incarnation toggles the amount of traffic between zero percent and a predifiend level, or 100% if undefined. I'd like to request an additional varition to toggle the amount of traffic between my current AI traffic level before toggled, and the amount (percentage) specified in the value box.

So in my scenario; I routinely fly with 100% AI commercial and GA traffic in FSX(sp2). As I begin my descent into a very graphic-intensive airport like FSDT's KLAX using the PMDG NGX, I'd like to push a button or key, and have my AI traffic drop from the current value (usually 100%) down to say 50% as I defined in the option box for the command. When I push the button/key assigment again, the traffic would go back to the previously set value before toggled, usually 100% in my case.

I guess this request could be considered a variation of both the the Traffic_Density_Set and Traffic_Density_Toggle commands, combined. In other words, current percentage Value <toggle> defined percentage value <toggle> back to current percenatge value.

Thanks in advance for considering. :cool:

If I can be so bold, can I request I slight variation of the current Traffic Density Set/Toggle feature/assignements? If I recall correctly, the current incarnation toggles the amount of traffic between zero percent and a predifiend level, or 100% if undefined. I'd like to request an additional varition to toggle the amount of traffic between my current AI traffic level before toggled, and the amount (percentage) specified in the value box.

There is a reasonably easy way to do that with existing facilities. The current zero/back toggle is really implemented for the very common need to force the traffic to reset itself after loading new weather -- otherwise it takes a while for the traffic to start using the correct runways.

Use a macro to test the button's flag and if set then set one value and if not set the other value. Button flags automatically toggle with each button press and thereby can turn a button into a toggle switch as far as the resulting action is concerned. For this method, check the button programming section of the Advanced User's guide. I'll be glad to help if needed.

Also you could do something even more sophisticated with a Lua plug-in instead. The airline, GA and Ships/Ferries density values are individually both readable and writable in FSUIPC4 "UB" (Unsigned Byte) offsets 0250, 0251 and 0252. On the press of a button you could reconfigure any or all three whilst remembering the previous values for restoring next time.

Regards

Pete