The simFlight Network Forums

Haze with FS9 vs haze with FS

Pete,

I am a long time user of FSUIPC and I just regisered for the use of the new version 3.06 working with FS2004.

You seem to know a lot about visibility, that is why I ask you this question:

With FS2002, I was pleased to see some sort of a haze on the landscape which was gradually getting more dense while you were getting further from the plane. This was giving a visual sense of volume, specially in hilly areas since further hills where covered with denser haze than closer ones.

I am disappointed not to find this feature again in FS2004. May be I have not found the right parameters.

I send you a couple of screenshots to illusrate the topic.

Could you give me some more information about that subject ?

Thanks.

D:\Documents and Settings\Mica.ELIANE\My Documents\My Pictures\FS2004.jpg

With FS2002, I was pleased to see some sort of a haze on the landscape which was gradually getting more dense while you were getting further from the plane. This was giving a visual sense of volume, specially in hilly areas since further hills where covered with denser haze than closer ones.

Not sure what you mean there. For me, the single biggest drawback in FS2002 was the poor visibility implementation. It was a giant step backwards from the excellent effects in FS2000 and I hated it. I'm glad it is all fixed in FS2004.

I am disappointed not to find this feature again in FS2004. May be I have not found the right parameters.

Hmmm. Now I know that I don't know what you mean. To me, FS2004's misting and fogging is far better, more like what we had in FS2000.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

Hi Banquet,

Thanks for your replies.

I guess I was not clear enough in my previous post but what I meant isthat I wax getting some mist with FS2002 and I don't get any mist at all with FS 2004, whatever parameter I enter related to the weather.

I tried every combination of parameters dealing with weather with no success.

I am desperate to get some mist .

I saw on various forums nice screenshots with mist getting thicker while you get further from the plane but I am not capable of reproducing it.

I try again to attached sreenshots, one f*with FS 2002 and the other with FS 2004 which will, I hope, make myself clear.

Regards.

Michel

mist.htm

what I meant is that I wax getting some mist with FS2002 and I don't get any mist at all with FS 2004, whatever parameter I enter related to the weather.

Strange. Most all of my flying is with mists. There must be some setting related to the video options, or possibly a function on the video card or its drivers? Maybe the "fogging" tables or something?

I'm afraid that this is a bit beyond me. You might want to try posting in the FS2004 forum. Kety Pluta, there is an expert on video card settings and so forth.

Regards,

Pete