The simFlight Network Forums

Log files from FSUIPC

Hi Pete,

Maybe this is the wrong place for this post, but I hope you could have a clue.

I use the latest version FSUIPC with FS9. Every time I have flown, I have some kind of log files in my D:\Program files\ directory. I don't know where they come from. They are named like "s3v.1, "s3v.2" etcetera and the names have a sort of sequence in the name and extension. I tried to sort out where they come from. I tried to run without for example ASE weather or other add-ons. Everytime these files are created. After some time I thought the files were originated by FSUIPC. There is option to set on/off some logging. In my version it's set to off. I'm out of research options.

Have you any clue where these log files might be coming from? Normaly I delete them every time. But they are coming back after each flight.

Oh, for you information, I use windows 7 32-bit and lots of add-ons. And the logs appear with every airplane I fly. And I run all add-ons in admin mode.

Hope you have a hint.

Regards,

Jeroen

The Netherlands

I use the latest version FSUIPC with FS9.

You always need to state the actual version number please. "Latest version" is next to meanngless as it depends where you are looking to decide it is "latest". The real "latest" is 3.999y2. Please see the Download Links subforum.

Every time I have flown, I have some kind of log files in my D:\Program files\ directory. I don't know where they come from. They are named like "s3v.1, "s3v.2" etcetera and the names have a sort of sequence in the name and extension. I tried to sort out where they come from. I tried to run without for example ASE weather or other add-ons. Everytime these files are created. After some time I thought the files were originated by FSUIPC. There is option to set on/off some logging. In my version it's set to off. I'm out of research options.

Sorry, they are nothing to do with FSUIPC. The FSUIPC log is a single file which you'll find next to the FSUIPC DLL in the FS Modules folder. Nowhere else, and only one of them.

Have you any clue where these log files might be coming from? Normaly I delete them every time. But they are coming back after each flight.

Sorry, no. Nothing I know of for certain. Can't you look inside them, might give you some clues?

Regards

Pete