The simFlight Network Forums

fsuipc.ini?

I have a clean installed of FS9 and recently installed the latest version of fsuipc. For some strange reason the fsuipc.ini file is not showing up. I have show hidden files and hide unknown file extension unchecked.

It isn't a hidden file. But it isn't produced until you have run FS with FSUIPC installed, just like the Log file. There's no installed INI. Doing that could upset a lot of folks who've spent a lot of time getting their settings just right.

Pete

What is the name of the file that you can edit to add different aircraft to a certain profile?

You don't really need to do this unless you've already added the aircraft to the wrong profile and you want to correct it. In that case just delete it in the list in that [Progile.<name>.] section in the FSUIPC.INI file or FSUIPC4.INI (depending which version of FSUIPC you are using). Then as follows.

If you haven't assigned it yet, just load it into FS and go to an assignment or calibration tab in FSUIPC options for which you've already created the profile, and add as per the user documentatin.

Regards

Pete

At least in Windows 7 you have to have full permission over the entire flight simulator folder. Look at post number 7 for more information.

When the FSUIPC installer is run it explicitly enables full user access to the Modules folder (which it also creates for FSX and P3D if it isn't already there). Of course other programs may need access to other FS folders. The best answer, with least ensuing problems, is to always change the FS Install folder when first installing it. My FS9 is in E:\FS9, my FSX in E:\FSX and my Prepar3D is E:|P3D. My E: drive is separate from both my system drive (C:) and my development drive (D:).

Regards

Pete