The simFlight Network Forums

Hello everyone,

Newbie here with no coding skills trying to take advantage of FSUIPC implementation.

As it is required in every flight of the Aerosoft Bronco X to move the condition levers from the landing/take-off position to the normal flight position soon after takeoff, I wondered if this could be programmed to a keystroke with FSUIPC?

I normally have my propeller rpm increase/decrease handled this way but I know as a condition of the Garrett geared engine workaround that this doesn't work the regular way with the Bronco. The FSX tooltip shows the condition levers as Throttle just as it does for the power levers.

Any suggestions from anyone that has successfully enabled condition lever control will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Slim

As it is required in every flight of the Aerosoft Bronco X to move the condition levers from the landing/take-off position to the normal flight position soon after takeoff, I wondered if this could be programmed to a keystroke with FSUIPC?

How are these condition levers controlled? How are they assigned? If they are simulated in FS using the mixture controls, have you considered the use of Ctrl+Shift+ F1 to F4, which I think are the default keystrokes for mixture?

Or is the "normal flight position" engaged by using a particular value for the axis? If so you could use an assignment to, say, AXIS_MIXTURE_SET (or AXIS_MIXTUREn_SET for engine n) with the parameter set to the correct axis value, which you'd need to determine using the normal mixture lever control.

Note that any jitter input from your real mixture lever would mess this up, though. You would need the lever(s) to be in a good stable position or state.

I normally have my propeller rpm increase/decrease handled this way but I know as a condition of the Garrett geared engine workaround that this doesn't work the regular way with the Bronco. The FSX tooltip shows the condition levers as Throttle just as it does for the power levers.

Sorry, that has me thoroughly confused.

Regards

Pete

How are these condition levers controlled? How are they assigned? If they are simulated in FS using the mixture controls, have you considered the use of Ctrl+Shift+ F1 to F4, which I think are the default keystrokes for mixture?

Or is the "normal flight position" engaged by using a particular value for the axis? If so you could use an assignment to, say, AXIS_MIXTURE_SET (or AXIS_MIXTUREn_SET for engine n) with the parameter set to the correct axis value, which you'd need to determine using the normal mixture lever control.

Note that any jitter input from your real mixture lever would mess this up, though. You would need the lever(s) to be in a good stable position or state.

Sorry, that has me thoroughly confused.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the prompt response. Apologies for my inept description.

I do not know how the condition levers are controlled or assigned in FSX. Aerosoft has done a massive workaround somehow in an attempt to replicate to some extent the fixed shaft Garrett TPE-331 turboprop. I don't think they are linked to the mixture controls. Here is a Garrett description of what the levers do:

The Speed Lever, sometimes called the Condition Lever (when linked to the manual feather valve and fuel solenoid manual shut-off lever) or RPM Lever, basically serves one function: to select the engine operating speed. Normal Speed Lever positions are: High, Cruise, and Low. The RPM selected is according to the flight or ground condition, and once set, requires resetting only when the flight condition changes. High (100%) RPM is used for takeoff and landing, Cruise (96-97%) RPM for normal climb/cruise/descent operations, and Low (65-73%) RPM for engine starting and ground or taxi operations.

The condition/speed lever does more than control prop pitch.

My last statement that was so confusing was only meant to indicate that a normal prop pitch increase/decrease command thru FSX does not work with the Bronco X code.

Thanks for your patience. I was hoping perhaps another forum member with a Bronco had encountered this problem.

Kind Regards,

Slim

Edited by mslim

My last statement that was so confusing was only meant to indicate that a normal prop pitch increase/decrease command thru FSX does not work with the Bronco X code.

Try using the Event and Axis logging in FSUIPC -- see the logging page -- it may show how it is implemented. Otherwise maybe either a "mouse macro" may be made to work (if the gauges are made using the C/C++ gauge SDK), or possibly a Lua using local gauge variable writes (L:Vars). You can log L:Vars in FSUIPC too -- there's an assignable control in the drop downs.

Regards

Pete