The simFlight Network Forums

Null Zone in Pitch only with FSUIPC.

Hi,

Running FSUIPC 4.853 within Prepar3d Version 1.3 and having set-up the controls they all work fine except for the Pitch, this calibrates within the windows calibration and looks fine. However when inside FSUIPC and on the Joystick Calibration tab to set-up the Pot's which are connected to the controls the Pitch shows a massive Null zone in the centre. This Null zone lasts for about 4-6inches of travel showing "0" input, but going back to the calibration controls in windows with Raw data being shown it works fine.

Now I know I am missing something and I even think it's something simple but it's driving me nutty so any help would be great.

Thanks

Cliff.

Running FSUIPC 4.853 within Prepar3d Version 1.3 and having set-up the controls they all work fine except for the Pitch, this calibrates within the windows calibration and looks fine. However when inside FSUIPC and on the Joystick Calibration tab to set-up the Pot's which are connected to the controls the Pitch shows a massive Null zone in the centre. This Null zone lasts for about 4-6inches of travel showing "0" input, but going back to the calibration controls in windows with Raw data being shown it works fine.

Are you talking about the input value, or the calibrated output value? If it's the IN value doing that then those are the values being received. So in that case, how are you assigning? In FSUIPC or in Prepar3D? If in FS, to what are you assigning and in which mode? If in FS, then have you made sure the sliders are set correctly -- null zone far left, sensitivity far right?

If you are talking about the OUT value, then you have calibrated incorrectly. just calibrate properly following the numbered steps. The central null zone is set by the two centre values when calibrating. Also make sure the Slope is set correctly. Maybe you have selected an excessively flattened curve there?

Pete

Hi Pete,

Yes it's the "IN" box that i am seeing the zero value for the travel trough the centre of the movement and thus also on the "OUT" as well which is expected, the controls are set-up in the Controls section of P3D with the sliders set to Null full left and Sensitivity full right.

Is it better to set-up the inputs via FSUIPC or via P3D? It is very confusing as I have tried using the Roll control on pitch to check it it's a harward fault but it's always on the Pitch movement.

Cliff.

Yes it's the "IN" box that i am seeing the zero value for the travel trough the centre of the movement and thus also on the "OUT" as well which is expected, the controls are set-up in the Controls section of P3D with the sliders set to Null full left and Sensitivity full right.

In that case it sounds like there's something wrong with the value en route from the device. FSUIPC does not influence the IN value, that is either the value from the joystick, direct when assigning in FSUIPC, or the value for the actual control when assigned via FS/P3D. The value assigned via FSUIPC can be modified by extra parameters in the FSUIPC INI file, but only by scaling and transposing, not by suppressing changing values.

What device is it you are using? Does it have its own software? If so, maybe it is some setting in that?

Is it better to set-up the inputs via FSUIPC or via P3D? It is very confusing as I have tried using the Roll control on pitch to check it it's a harward fault but it's always on the Pitch movement.

The choice of where you set things up is really up to you. There are advantages to doing assignments in FSUIPC, mainly about having different assignments for different aircraft. But there can be disadvantages too. generally it is best to either do all axis assignmnets in FS/P3D and none in FSUIPC, or all in FSUIPC including buttons and switches, and disable controllers altogether in FS/P3D. If you don't disable you can get conflicts without realising it because f auto-assignments in FS.

Regards

Pete