The simFlight Network Forums

key/button settings

hi i dont know if this topic has allready been done, but as a newbie iam looking for a button setting for reverse thrust, as ive buitt my own 737 throttle quad and as i lift up the reverse thrust handle it presses a switch, but i cant find any key/button mappings for this, hope you can help.

Hello Tony,

That's because there isn't one, to be quite blunt.

The way FS9 and X do reverse thrust is that, once the throttle is at idle, if you keep pressing the "reduce throttle" functions, then the engines will go into reverse thrust. There is no specific function to get there.

What I would suggest, as I know it works on my throttle quads, is to set your "reverse detent" button as "reduce throttle quickly" on press and "throttle idle" on release, using FSUIPC. That does limit you to all or nothing on reverse thrust, but many real world aircraft operate that way as well. That's the least complex method.

Best regards,

Ian P.

set your "reverse detent" button as "reduce throttle quickly" on press and "throttle idle" on release, using FSUIPC.

I am new to FSUIPC so excuse me if there's a better way to do this but last night I was wrestling with this same problem.

I first mapped to the FSX default keypress F1 and F2 with these commands. After more investigation I just mapped directly in FSUIPC to "THROTTLE DECR 65602" and "THROTTLE CUT 65604" and it worked well.

Slim

Edited by mslim