The simFlight Network Forums

Gear Horn or Gear Warning Button

Hi Pete!

I hope you enjoyed your time off.

Eaglesoft Premier 1a

Saitek X52

FSUIPC4

FSX Acceleration

1st. Id like to map my gear warning button on the panel to my X52, for starters.

2nd. Id like to try to determine when the warning horn comes on to adjust that lower. At the moment the warning horn comes on in the 40% n1 range. I can reach the gear horn button in 2d without effort, the problem is in the 3d cockpit and my eyepoint, makes it difficult to get to it. The warning comes on when I practice the stall series and Id like to mute it via FSUIPC or some button.

I have scanned the List of Controls.pdf and did not find any obvious control for this nor did I see it in FSX controls. I looked through the sound and aircraft.cfg and did not see a clear definition.

I searched the net for it and was unlucky.

Before I get too far into this, I was wondering if I can even manipulate it.

If so Id, appreciate some advice on where to go in the manuals to get that accomplished.

THANKS!

1st. Id like to map my gear warning button on the panel to my X52, for starters.

Which panel has a working gear warning cutoff button?

2nd. Id like to try to determine when the warning horn comes on to adjust that lower. At the moment the warning horn comes on in the 40% n1 range. I can reach the gear horn button in 2d without effort, the problem is in the 3d cockpit and my eyepoint, makes it difficult to get to it. The warning comes on when I practice the stall series and Id like to mute it via FSUIPC or some button.

I think you'll need to lose the default FS sound (find the wave and rename it), and play it yourself instead on the conditions you wish. You could do that via a Lua plug-in.

Pete

The Lua sounds interesting. I just havent worked with them yet. Still fiddling with Offsets LOL! Love them! Ive read the material for the Lua's and Ill have to do a very easy one or two on something simple then I can go from there.

If I have the right Idea, does the Lua make something happen, that you'd like to happen when your controls do (x) action, that is not programmed into the aircraft? A work around sort of thing?

Actually Both the 2D and the VC have the button here are some screen shots.

That isn't a default aircraft. I can't find a single instance of the button in any of the defaults, which is why there is no related FS facility. If that button does actually work in the aircraft you are using then I assume the makers have provided a means of using it?

Does the Lua plug in allow me to establish a throttle range and or both hopefully a silence means like this button area does?

You can do all sorts of things with a Lua plug-in. It's a programming interface built into FSUIPC with all sorts of facilities. I was only suggesting that, if the implementation in FS was not to your liking, you would probably have to suppress the FS sound altogether (delete the sound itself) and play/slience your own when you wish, by whatever criteria you choose.

Maybe the makers of the add-on you are using will be able to advise on what their implementation does? Possibly it isn't relying on the default FS behaviour? I'm afraid I don't know many add-on aircraft. The FSUIPC facilities specifically relate to FS internals.

The Lua sounds interesting. I just havent worked with them yet. Still fiddling with Offsets LOL! Love them! Ive read the material for the Lua's and Ill have to do a very easy one or two on something simple then I can go from there.

There are lots of examples provided in the package, and many others provided by users in the User Contributions subforum.

If I have the right Idea, does the Lua make something happen, that you'd like to happen when your controls do (x) action, that is not programmed into the aircraft? A work around sort of thing?

Please read the Lua documents provided in your FSUIPC Documents folder and see the examples. It is all explained there. The Lua libraries allow all sorts of things to be done. It's a flexible way of expanding FSUIPC's facilities without having to write external programs.

Pete