The simFlight Network Forums

IDEA - Feature request

Dear Pete,

I have been struggelling at home and while helping 2 friends calibrating double yoke and double rudder not linked.

The axis concerned are

ailerons

Elevator

Leftbrake

Rightbrake

rudder

I think it would be easier to have captain axislinked to this

ailerons1

Elevator1

Leftbrake1

Rightbrake1

rudder1

and FO axis, to this

ailerons2

Elevator2

Leftbrake2

Rightbrake2

rudder2

That way each axes could be calibrated independatly instead of finding a compromise.

The issue now is that sometimes, maximum on captain side is not maximum on first office side.

With saitek stuff, that seems as it's made in a factory (chain)

but for hand made units, they seem to each calibrate differently as maximum and minmum and center zone varry from one uni to the other.

then just like now FSUIPC would compute the largest axis inflection out of both sides to send the in use axis command to fsx

I hope this all make sense..

Would be brilliant...

That way each axes could be calibrated independatly instead of finding a compromise.

Best always to use the same make of controls for both sides.

... but for hand made units, they seem to each calibrate differently as maximum and minmum and center zone varry from one uni to the other.

What hand-made stuff is that?

Would be brilliant...

Well, it may be useful for a very small number of folks, and if it were easy to do I would certainly consider it. But it is not. It would be a major upheaval and too risky in terms of jeopardising FSUIPC reliability. Sorry.

If your controls are really way different to each other, your best bet is to experiment using the axis multiplier/adder values to see if you can adjust each axis to suit its twin more closely.

Regards

Pete

axis multiplier/adder values

--> don't know what that is.but will google it and search in your manual

I tried to calibrate rudders from opencockpit, somrevolutionproducts, aces (worse),....these are not automattically factory made but man skills are involved and one unit is not exactly the other so calibration for one is not adequate for the other....

I guess they should work better and potentiometers should give better outputs...

Will recommend my friends to modify their unit nd replace hardware ///

Thank you for considering, replying and your time

great support as always

Xavier

Edited by XavierP