The simFlight Network Forums

Aircraft identification in multiplayer (FS2004)

I am not sure if I am looking in the right forum, no doubt someone will tell me if I need to look elsewhere.

Aircraft in a multiplayer session showing up in FS2004 all share the same call sign and aircraft description to the aircraft I fly. The other aircraft will briefly display its own ID. Viewing the aircraft on the ground also shows the same colour scheme to my aircraft.

I have a registered version of FSUIPC (worth every cent of the fee) WideFS v6.10 current version of SB and use 2 computers both running XP pro.

Have any of you struck this problem?. If I use FS2002 in lieu of 2004, the aircraft are displayed correctly.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Gregg

I am not sure if I am looking in the right forum, no doubt someone will tell me if I need to look elsewhere.

Aircraft in a multiplayer session showing up in FS2004 all share the same call sign and aircraft description to the aircraft I fly. The other aircraft will briefly display its own ID. Viewing the aircraft on the ground also shows the same colour scheme to my aircraft.

I hope someone might see this and jump in and help you, but I'm afraid multiplayer is one area (of many, I hasten to add :) ) I know absolutely nothing about. FSUIPC and WideFS don't come into it at all. I do know that multiplayer is not quite the same on FS2004 as it was on FS2002 -- the protocol has changed somewhat -- but I don't know if this explains your problem or not.

Sorry. But maybe Jose will see the message. He pops in here now and then.

Regards,

Pete