The simFlight Network Forums

FSX Crash prior to land

Hi pilots

After a very nice 2h and 17 mins fly, I've started our descent into JFK. Cleared to ILS 31R approach and once on the LOC and G/S captured, just 5.6nm before touchdown, BOOM!!! I've got that scary freeze window that announce you'll get an app crash :mad: . Obviously, 2 or 3 secs later, I confirmed that. This is the Error message I've got and I drop it here:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61472.0

Application Timestamp: 475e17d3

Fault Module Name: FSUIPC4.dll

Fault Module Version: 4.8.5.3

Fault Module Timestamp: 50477966

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0005f1de

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 3082

Some help, please :???:

Thanks

Ivan Lewis

Ooops... Sure! Another issue I've noticed was when we're at 3.000ft and started our final approach descend. The sky in the horizon started to flashing btw black and white/light grey colors. Just a few seconds prior to the freeze. Will let you know tomorrow if all of this get solved with the current version installed, since I'll repeat this MIA-JFK leg (one of my favourites). And thank you very much for so huge and efficient support job!

Ivan

Ooops... Sure! Another issue I've noticed was when we're at 3.000ft and started our final approach descend. The sky in the horizon started to flashing btw black and white/light grey colors. Just a few seconds prior to the freeze. Will let you know tomorrow if all of this get solved with the current version installed

It won't be FSUIPC causing the problem. From what you say it is a classical "out of memory" error. You'll need to turn some settings down, else it'll certainly happen again. I think the crash is only coincidentally occurring in FSUIPC4. Could be anywhere once memory expires as things get corrupted by FSX using bad heap pointers.

Recent versions of FSUIPc4 incorporate an OOM check which warns you of an impending OOM.

You would also do well reading through the OOM threads on the AVSIM FSX forum.

Tomorrow night I'm off on holiday -- back on Monday 18th.

Regards

Pete