The simFlight Network Forums

Brake Question

FSUIPC registered version 3.999, CH Flight Sim Yoke, FS9.

I'm attempting to assign the brake command (key press .) to my yoke button #1. My config is: Control sent when button pressed is "Brakes", Parameter 0, Control Repeat. But what I am seeing is the message "Differential Brakes" then some flashing before Brakes appears on the lower left of the screen. The function isn't smooth. I read in another topic that I may want to set Control sent when button released to also show "Brakes" but that doesn't seem to eliminate the flashing Differential Brakes and the application isn't smooth.

Thoughts? And... thanks.........

FSUIPC registered version 3.999, CH Flight Sim Yoke, FS9.

Just 3.999? No letter at the end? The earliest supported version is now 3.999z. Please update if you are not using this.

I'm attempting to assign the brake command (key press .) to my yoke button #1. My config is: Control sent when button pressed is "Brakes", Parameter 0, Control Repeat. But what I am seeing is the message "Differential Brakes" then some flashing before Brakes appears on the lower left of the screen. The function isn't smooth. I read in another topic that I may want to set Control sent when button released to also show "Brakes" but that doesn't seem to eliminate the flashing Differential Brakes and the application isn't smooth.

The "Brakes" control is the exact same one assigned in FS by default to the '.' keypress, so test that and compare it. All FSUIPC can do is send the command to FS in exactly the same way, though probably its default repeat rate (20 per second) is faster than the default keyboard repeat rate. I've no idea how you get "differential brakes" using this control as they don't come into it.

If you ever want to see what sort of controls are being sent, and how often, just enable the Event logging in the FSUIPC logging tab, then look in the FSUIPC.LOG file which you'll find in the FS Modules folder.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for the quick reply. I updated to 3.999z and, strangely enough, the flashing "Differential Brakes" disappeared and everything is working fine. I'm somewhat baffled because I see no command for Differential Braking anywhere. Oh well???? Thanks again sir.

Thanks for the quick reply. I updated to 3.999z and, strangely enough, the flashing "Differential Brakes" disappeared and everything is working fine. I'm somewhat baffled because I see no command for Differential Braking anywhere.

There are no "commands" for "differential braking" as such. The message only means that there is a different pressure on left and right brakes, that's all.The difference could be very small -- it would only matter if they caused an unintended swerve. Separate left and right braking can be effected on the keyboard (I think by default the keys assigned are F11 and F12), or by assigning to BRAKES LEFT or BRAKES RIGHT, or using the brake axes, as used for proportional braking with pedals.

Pete