The simFlight Network Forums

HELP ME PLEASE.

Hello Sir. On my new computer I decided to buy a registered version of FSUIPC. Via Simmarked I bought version 3.999 (Key: <DELETED>) First I deleted 2 previous versions in the MODULES folder. Than I downloaded version 3.999. Then I installed. When starting FS I get the following messages:

Flt sim was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue using FS but this aircraft or software will be disabled. File: CONTROLLS.dll,DEMO.dll,FACILITIES.dll, FE.dll, FLIGHT.dll,FSSOUND.dll.

Do you want to load this software? Click NO to disable this software.: INSTRUCTOR.dll, MAIN.dll,MULTIPLAYER.dll, SYMMAP,dll,WEATHER.dll.

The E:/MSFS9/MODULES/CONTROLLS.dll file is missingor damaged. Please reinstall FS to restore or repair the file. FS will now Quit.

I am desperate, I worked 2 months to install all the addons on the new computer.

Hello Sir. On my new computer I decided to buy a registered version of FSUIPC. Via Simmarked I bought version 3.999 (Key: <DELETED>) First I deleted 2 previous versions in the MODULES folder.

Two important points here:

1. NEVER EVER post your confidential Key!

2. There can NEVER be more than one copy of FSUIPC.DLL (or any other DLL) in one single folder -- Windows does not allow two files with the sames name! So I am sure you are mistaken.

Than I downloaded version 3.999. Then I installed. When starting FS I get the following messages:

Flt sim was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue using FS but this aircraft or software will be disabled. File: CONTROLLS.dll,DEMO.dll,FACILITIES.dll, FE.dll, FLIGHT.dll,FSSOUND.dll.

Do you want to load this software? Click NO to disable this software.: INSTRUCTOR.dll, MAIN.dll,MULTIPLAYER.dll, SYMMAP,dll,WEATHER.dll.

The E:/MSFS9/MODULES/CONTROLLS.dll file is missingor damaged. Please reinstall FS to restore or repair the file. FS will now Quit.

I am desperate, I worked 2 months to install all the addons on the new computer.

None of the DLLs listed are "add-ons" and none of them are in any way related to FSUIPC. They are all parts of FS itself. Evidently you deleted some important parts of FS! There is NEVER any need to delete ANYTHING before installing FSUIPC! You should have simply followed the installation instructions!

If you are now missing parts of FS because you deleted them you will have to reinstall them. If you have a back up copy of FS, copy the contents of its Modules folder over to the active copy. Otherwise you need to reinstall or repair FS.

Pete

Hello Pete,

Thanks for your reply.

I repaired all the parts I mentionned. They are all there but FS is still refusing to start with the same message.

This will be the end because I am no longer intended to delete the whole thing with all his addons.

Thank you anyway for your advice.

Regards

Andre

I repaired all the parts I mentionned. They are all there but FS is still refusing to start with the same message.

You reported tw messages, with different lists of FS DLL modules. I've a feeling that you are reporting the message incorrectly.

This will be the end because I am no longer intended to delete the whole thing with all his addons.

Well, if you want to fly FS9 you would need to fix it. You don't normally need to reinstall any add-ons when reinstalling FS -- unless you delete things first as you seem to have done in error.

Pete